Solar panel production figures

lol not checked this thread in a while but yes something is messing up the uploads on certain days.... yesterday looks well broken! its carried over the 3.1 from the 16th?! but the actual end total is correct for the day at 8.6.

I have been messing with HA frequently and restarting to update configs... related possibly? The total generation figures are correct but the 15 minute updates seem erratic on certain days :/

Actual figures from the inverter itself rather than via HA match the totals produced for the day, must be something to do with 15 min intervals that is mangling the efficiency calcs somehow... might have to change it to every hour and see what that does.

7uf0dv.png

Last edited:
I would expect to see it drop down to your cap (it's great if you can hit 3.6kW at this time of year btw!) when the battery is done then.

What you need to do is see what generation is used when the battery isn't full, as I would expect to see it exceed 3.6kW :)
Can it though, plugged into a 3.6kW inv?
My worry is that whilst it may have the 7kW capacity from the MPPT stuff, that is split. So when my battery is full which obviously it will be for large parts of a normal summers day, export 3.6kW max (minus what the house may use) and clip the rest

Can it though, plugged into a 3.6kW inv?
My worry is that whilst it may have the 7kW capacity from the MPPT stuff, that is split. So when my battery is full which obviously it will be for large parts of a normal summers day, export 3.6kW max (minus what the house may use) and clip the rest

You need to find something that can use the excess. Best option is the immersion - water tank (diverter). Then things like car or hardware that needs regular charging. Unless your export rate is very generous you want to use up that capacity.

You need to find something that can use the excess. Best option is the immersion - water tank (diverter). Then things like car or hardware that needs regular charging. Unless your export rate is very generous you want to use up that capacity.
My hot water is heated by an oil boiler. Scheduled for 1hr each morning. From what I can tell, if I used a solar diverter, I'd be heating already hot water. And the nest wouldn't be smart enough to know.

My worry is that there won't really be an excess, if the 3.6kW linit of the inverter shuts down panels it can't handle

My hot water is heated by an oil boiler. Scheduled for 1hr each morning. From what I can tell, if I used a solar diverter, I'd be heating already hot water. And the nest wouldn't be smart enough to know.

My worry is that there won't really be an excess, if the 3.6kW linit of the inverter shuts down panels it can't handle

If you have a thermostat it won't heat up already hot water. So you'd use less oil as it won't trigger the hot water to heat.

I'll be on the phone to the installers tomorrow.

Do I have a valid reason to be concerned?
Any pointers on things to raise with them?

Ir should I just call EPVS and see what they say?
If it's maxing out now, then that's going to be a lot of lost generation in the summer, request an upgrade to 5kw inverter, only reason you have a 3.6kw is because the paperwork is easier. They can apply for G99 and change the inverter if approved.

Back
Top Bottom