Solar panel production figures

9.84kWh, much better than expected, ended up second place on the live leader board - @katie279 suddenly came out of nowhere with 24.500kWh / 3.320kWh/kW :eek:
Yes sorry, that was me re-enabling my pvoutput (it was a lovely sunny day, so I was thinking sweetly of trouncing Ron-ski.... ;) )

Realised I hadn't updated since inverter upgrade

Last edited:
Yesterday was better than I expected 9.7kwh, todays started with sunshine as well. Who would have thought that living in England the weather could be such a hot topic……

We're at 5.3kWh already here, but I'm suspicious our inverter is too small.
It's a 3.6kW hybrid, the PV hit 3.6kW earlier, is that maxing out the capacity of the inverter?
We were told by 3 separate firms the 3.6kW inverter is plenty.
Perhaps it will be when we have export setup?

Last edited:
We're at 5.3kWh already here, but I'm suspicious our inverter is too small.
It's a 3.6kW hybrid, the PV hit 3.6kW earlier, is that maxing out the capacity of the inverter?
We were told by 3 separate firms the 3.6kW inverter is plenty.
Perhaps it will be when we have export setup?

3.6kw inverter is perfectly large enough for them not to have to bother with the more complicated and potentially install delaying larger array paperwork ;)

If you're clipping 3.6kW now you'll keep on clipping there for most of the year.

Highest peak I saw was about 4kW so far, and recently it's been 2.8, so there is a good 40% more peak power to go or so I reckon.

I did ask if the reason for the 3.6 was DNO related and they said its no different to the G98 they have to submit anyway.
3 EPVS approved installers told me the same thing, which is why I believed them.
I'm still within my 14 days period where if I was going to kick off, I think I should do ASAP.
Annoying given the 5kw is only another 400 quid.

Back
Top Bottom