Solar panel production figures

I'll be on the phone to the installers tomorrow.

Do I have a valid reason to be concerned?
Any pointers on things to raise with them?

Ir should I just call EPVS and see what they say?

Your best argument is really as per what Ron-Ski said, if you're clipping now, you'll be clipping way worse in the summer.

Even assuming your battery is starting at 0%, it won't take very long to fill up a 5.2kWh battery if you're hitting 3-5kW generation.

They've under-sized the inverter compared to the system, because they should really be doing a G99 with a larger inverter to allow more export capacity. G98 only applies if you're locking the whole thing to 3.6kW because it's auto-approved. G99 requires an application that can take a few months.

Last edited:
If it's maxing out now, then that's going to be a lot of lost generation in the summer, request an upgrade to 5kw inverter, only reason you have a 3.6kw is because the paperwork is easier. They can apply for G99 and change the inverter if approved.

I'm glad I did for for a larger inverter as a result (solis).

Now I just need to get the 5kW gen 2 GE... Though I see they do an all in one now which is 6kW....

If you have a thermostat it won't heat up already hot water. So you'd use less oil as it won't trigger the hot water to heat.

Ah well I bow to your greater knowledge...
We have a nest room stat, which obviously reaches desired room temp, but i didnt know tge water tank also has a stat. Ill have to look into that.
If it's maxing out now, then that's going to be a lot of lost generation in the summer, request an upgrade to 5kw inverter, only reason you have a 3.6kw is because the paperwork is easier. They can apply for G99 and change the inverter if approved.

Sadly, it seems you're bang on.

Your best argument is really as per what Ron-Ski said, if you're clipping now, you'll be clipping way worse in the summer.

Even assuming your battery is starting at 0%, it won't take very long to fill up a 5.2kWh battery if you're hitting 3-5kW generation.

They've under-sized the inverter compared to the system, because they should really be doing a G99 with a larger inverter to allow more export capacity. G98 only applies if you're locking the whole thing to 3.6kW because it's auto-approved. G99 requires an application that can take a few months.

Battery starts at 25%
They know we use 3500kWh a year and have the capacity to produce 6000. So obviously export capacity was part of the criteria

Most hot water tanks should have a thermostat else they'd just overheat/boil or never get to the target temperature.

If you don't have a hot water tank then I can't help you!

Last edited:
Clear skies here currently! Generation kicking off earlier and earlier! Almost at my baseline of about 260w already! Out most of the day so likely get a good chunk in the batteries!

Last edited:
It's possible but I don't have an EV, so I could be forced off it anytime as well.

Part of the calcs I guess, I hope gas and electric wholesale is down by then and we start seeing better deals coming in.

This Flux seems like a low-effort way of maintaining things whilst getting paid well for excess generation through to September-ish.

Last edited:
Interesting, Solcast is forecasting 6.8kWh tomorrow, forecast.solar is predicting 22kWh… might as well chuck a dart at a dartboard and sacrifice a goat for guidance from the gods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom