Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

So our lower panels seem to generate anywhere between 5-10w at night during a full moon and because of the street lamp that's just outside our house. Although they turn it off from midnight onwards. I wonder if I can ask the council to shine the street lamp more directly onto my panels :D

(This is a post in jest I know that generation from the moon or incandescent light is not really viable).

Dilemma. Growatt inverter and 13kwh battery or givenergy inverter and 9.5kwh battery

Got the giv on order but cannot pin down a firm date on when available

Any thoughts folks?

Prices?

Unless you won't really benefit from extra kwh storage, then I would be simply looking at £/kwh of storage. Assume growatt is 90% DOD so the gap is lower than it appears

Prices?

Unless you won't really benefit from extra kwh storage, then I would be simply looking at £/kwh of storage. Assume growatt is 90% DOD so the gap is lower than it appears

Yeah I'm sure I'd benefit from the extra storage. Growatt kit is 94% DOD. Prices work out the same for both

It's just the app integration doesn't seem as good on the Growatt (lots of server issues reported)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure I'd benefit from the extra storage. Growatt kit is 94% DOD. Prices work out the same for both

It's just the app integration doesn't seem as good on the Growatt (lots of server issues reported)

The Growatt app is pretty flaky, the good news however is Growatt is very well supported by Solar Assistant which runs locally on a Pi and is very good :) I run both side by side but never really open the Growatt app anymore.

The Growatt app is pretty flaky, the good news however is Growatt is very well supported by Solar Assistant which runs locally on a Pi and is very good :) I run both side by side but never really open the Growatt app anymore.
I do like the look of these: https://www.ginverter.com/products/axe-lv-battery

Up to 400kwh of storage and no cables, just pile them up!? Anyone know of the cost of these?

Confirms what I had read about the app! Will do some research around solar assistant but guessing can control all things charge related Inc depth of charge rather than just monitoring?

Most of the main settings can now be edited via Solar Assistant, the developer is actively improving support all the time.

Changelog - https://solar-assistant.io/help/updates/changelog

7um8ql.png

Last edited:
SSE have been a nightmare.
Your installer is wrong though; it’s a connect and notify only process. He is probably thinking of G99 with a G100 limitation scheme. Witness testing occurs when you want to install over 16amps and your installer is not already on their approved list in the case of SSE. Turns out my installer isn’t despite his claims to the contrary.

I don’t think he was, but perhaps…

However he was completely correct about GTC, they already came back and approved the G99 without restriction which was submitted on either Monday or Tuesday this week, which rather renders the fast track irrelevant anyway.

He told me SSE have been up to 60 days for the G99 so he was pretty happy to find out that I was actually GTC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom