Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

I've just had this quote in for a new solar install. Any advice would be great and welcome.

7fDBVGn.png

Seems pretty expensive for the size imo. Lot of labour costs… when they say consumer board, are they having to replace the whole thing as that would probably add a pretty significant expense.

Quote I’ve just recently gone with was just over 13k for 18 x the same panel, 6kw Solis hybrid inverter and 10kw of purestorage II battery, scaffold and installation, DNO application etc… I will end up spending a bit more than that though as there is some extra stuff I want him to do like optimisers and bird protection.

Last edited:
I dont get why they are charging you 2.3k to plug the battery in???

Hi Valo! :D

I struggle a bit to judge the inflation/demand at the moment, but with the same guys I paid £14k for 18 X 410w, 5kw inverter and 2 X 9.5kwh battery - so feels like worth a haggle, but I think the world has changed a fair bit since earlier this year, so other may be able to give you a better sense of demand/inflation etc

14x 390s, 5 kw inverter, 12.3kw battery (allegedly 10.9/11 useable but seeing in real world less I think), hot water diverter, bird netting, whole house EPS

£13.6k (quote around mid aug iirc)

£6.5k to install that system is not a rip-off it is a con, nay daylight robbery. £2.5k to plug in a battery!

Seems pretty expensive for the size imo. Lot of labour costs… when they say consumer board, are they having to replace the whole thing as that would probably add a pretty significant expense.

Quote I’ve just recently gone with was just over 13k for 18 x the same panel, 6kw Solis hybrid inverter and 10kw of purestorage II battery, scaffold and installation, DNO application etc… I will end up spending a bit more than that though as there is some extra stuff I want him to do like optimisers and bird protection.

Thanks everyone for the replies. This is the full breakdown of the quote from the solar report.

0wZDLeO.png

If I'm honest I'm gutted that the quote is on the high side. I'm trying to find another reputable solar installer around Edinburgh or the Central Belt to get a second quote, don't suppose anyone can recommend another one?
Anyone got any pointers as to what I should challenge and haggle them on? Install Price is one from everyones reaction. It also includes bird protection, scaffolding etc.

They never mentioned anything about replacing the consumer board, everything checked out fine.

Thanks everyone for the replies. This is the full breakdown of the quote from the solar report.

0wZDLeO.png

If I'm honest I'm gutted that the quote is on the high side. I'm trying to find another reputable solar installer around Edinburgh or the Central Belt to get a second quote, don't suppose anyone can recommend another one?
Anyone got any pointers as to what I should challenge and haggle them on? Install Price is one from everyones reaction. It also includes bird protection, scaffolding etc.

They never mentioned anything about replacing the consumer board, everything checked out fine.
I used a company called dual fuel solutions based in bolton, im in south wales…….you could give them a try

Last edited:
Can see we now have 6 in the team, just so you know you can upload cab files of past generation (200 lines limit). Just did this to day it was installed. If your on solaredge all you need to do is export the cab from the webpage & import. You may have to wait 4 minutes between each file but at least you don’t have to do it manually

Back
Top Bottom