Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

So OCUK really haven't sold on you yet then..... ;)

I can't imagine not having at least one pc....!
I used to have a personal laptop, but siwtched to the ipad when that bit the bullet a few years ago and i have never felt i needed one since….

i may build a personal set-up, up in the office and start doing automated stuff with the house, but dont feel the need at the moment.

So we ended up with 3.9kwh today after a 3hr spell from half ten, till half 2 with zero sun due to thick cloud cover

Been sunny all day here, can't tell you how much we've generated as inverter is still not working properly. :(

I do know that my battery has charge in it, and I was exporting according to my meter.

For those of us awesome people on Givenergy with the shell command to send data to PV Output, I would encourage some consistency with the values we use so on the live boards the cadence of updates is similar and more directly comparable.

This is my setting, it runs once every hour but only when the sun is out :)

aIHS43l.png

For those of us awesome people on Givenergy with the shell command to send data to PV Output, I would encourage some consistency with the values we use so on the live boards the cadence of updates is similar and more directly comparable.

This is my setting, it runs once every hour but only when the sun is out :)

aIHS43l.png
Good shout think mine is every 15 mins, will adjust!

I noticed the sunset thing needs an offset to make sure it sends the last reading as the sun can go down between the hour points.

In my limited testing this seems to work :)

Slightly confusing wording but seems to check out.

mO53apn.png

Last edited:
Here's a little something that shows just how bad winter can be, on Sunday at home I generated nothing (4kW system), at work with a 50kW system, that's 200 panels (no shading), we generated just 1.8kWh for the entire day, not even enough to run a house.

Work-2022-12-04.jpg

Here's a little something that shows just how bad winter can be, on Sunday at home I generated nothing (4kW system), at work with a 50kW system, that's 200 panels (no shading), we generated just 1.8kWh for the entire day, not even enough to run a house.

Yes my home graph very similar to that, thought my panels had an issue when this became the norm but it is my first solar through winter. I am hoping changes to the markets happen since the 'energy crysis' in particular a look at the export tariffs and off-peak the suppliers could do. If there has to be electric car adoption the infrastructure has no time like the present to start changing things.

Shortest day of the year...

Finally got my seg sorted. Emailed Scottish Power when I got my certification, didn't hear a thing back. Logged with octopus last week and set up already. Won't be exporting anything for a few months but nice to be set up in advance of moving to agile in march/April.

Last edited:
Shortest day of the year...

Finally got my seg sorted. Emailed Scottish Power when I got my certification, didn't hear a thing back. Logged with octopus last week and set up already. Won't be exporting anything for a few months but nice to be set up in advance of moving to agile in march/April.
ah the 21st……14 days, 5hrs and 30mins away

Back
Top Bottom