Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Shortest day of the year...

Finally got my seg sorted. Emailed Scottish Power when I got my certification, didn't hear a thing back. Logged with octopus last week and set up already. Won't be exporting anything for a few months but nice to be set up in advance of moving to agile in march/April.

What tariff you on right now? Go?

Indeed will certainly make an informed decision, either way I'll have to come off my current deal next October, and I should be nigh on self sufficient from mid March onwards, so will be looking for lowest cost overall which is likely agile for my usage profile.

Mainly been tinkering on building a custom forecast for better charging calcs and solar prediction - gathering data primarily on this, but plan to mess around over xmas break.

Other than that, just loads of data visualisation.

Oh and it buzzes my phone if we start exporting more than 100w - so I can turn on washing machines, do Freefaller's dishes etc!
Here are the percentages that I have compiled from data originally available 11 years ago and tweaked from our outputs and that of others

ForecastPercent
January
3.4859​
February
4.8910​
March
9.5018​
April
12.0895​
May
12.2790​
June
12.7982​
July
11.2695​
August
10.5402​
September
8.8879​
October
7.3427​
November
3.9186​
December
2.9957​

Has anyone had an installation done by https://www.ecorenewablesgroup.co.uk? Their prices are quite competitive which makes me slightly nervous.

That LG CHEM battery package looks juicy. Those batteries are not cheap and from what I understand one of the best on the market. The battery being 16KW means even after 10 years it should have over 10KW capacity.

Anyone have the Chinese Longi panels? They any good? I wonder if it is worth paying the extra for sunpower ones? They seem slightly better, but also never know when the Taiwan issue will escalate and possibly make the warranty worthless? Thoughts?

From £14,495!​

16 x 355w Longi All Black Solar Panels
1 x SolarEdge Hybrid Solar Inverter + Optimisers
1 x 16kW LG CHEM Prime Battery
1 x SolarEdge Monitoring App
1 x Mounting Kit
1 x MCS Certification
1 x HIES Workmanship Insurance
1 x Installation & Commissioning 25yr Panel Warranty/10yr Battery&Inverter Warranty

I can’t tell if that LG Chem battery is LFP. I would imagine that it will hold more than 10kWh in 10 years time if you don’t run it flat all the time and leave it discharged for extended periods of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom