Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

2.1kwh - some one stole my early sun

Had to borrow it for an hour mate, its a celtish scratch my back law from bygone's. ;)

Yep 4 of the panels get blocked by 1pm during the winter... Come spring though... I'll probably still be crap. :D

Yep I realised the roof does shade some panels after a certain part of the year which I never knew so long term I can utilise my south roof in a future project.

Found the place where we're listed - I still blame Katie though :D

This is fine. I aim to automate the data once I get a spare afternoon.

She has the biggest system and scotland did enjoy some sun today…..but “ winter is coming” lol

solar installers pointed this out that it was one of the sunniest spots in Scotland.

ConfusedRareDoe-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
When can it be installed.
How much is the deposit/instalments.
What system are they recommending (let them do some suggestions - this can identify a company that is experienced from one that is fly by night).
--
Have ready your answers like when is your usage most, are people in the house at what times, what appliances do you have, what is your heating etc.

Size of batteries (and how many)
Size of inverter (power)?
Any potential shading.
Think about your usage per day and whether or not a daily use will use all the power or will there be enough for charging the battery.
Are they on an eco7 tariff?
Will they get an eV?
How do they heat their home / hot water? Perhaps a hot water diverter may be useful if they have a hot water tank and an immersion heater.

Last edited:
I may or may not be in the pv output team...

The live view only seems to show people who are sort of currently sending stuff.
Yeah, assume you're hipposlair? Seems to be working fine.

Not the clearest UX on PV output, but if you click on weekly, monthly etc on team view and then click the hyperlinked period, it'll show you the team members for that period.

Once we get a bit more data, I could build a clearer interface pulling from this as a database to another page, so we can design what we want.

I could also take a feed into home assistant so if Ron-ski's output ever generates more than me, then I can set a klaxon going through all the Sonos speakers in the house and the hue lights will start flashing red..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom