Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

It's not sunny at all in the south at the moment! To be fair I think even if it is, I won't get more than 7-8kwh total this time of year based on panel orientation.

I'd love to have a full year's worth of stats because I think some of the months will be fairly glorious.

It's not sunny at all in the south at the moment! To be fair I think even if it is, I won't get more than 7-8kwh total this time of year based on panel orientation.

I'd love to have a full year's worth of stats because I think some of the months will be fairly glorious.
We look quite similar at the moment on PVOutput, you'll be doing some 600+ units over the summer months.

I wouldn't know.....I've not touched anything....

Haha, missed that @HungryHippos

I think you'd be relatively safe if the cables are plugged back in, the only gotcha might be if the inverter reports that the cables were removed in the logs and they actually check it.

In which case I guess you could say you unplugged them and plugged them back in, but I would not offer any information unless specifically asked about it.

I think you'd be relatively safe if the cables are plugged back in, the only gotcha might be if the inverter reports that the cables were removed in the logs and they actually check it.

In which case I guess you could say you unplugged them and plugged them back in, but I would not offer any information unless specifically asked about it.
I'll see how it goes, as the company is so terrible I can't see a decent engineer coming out and will look for anyway to get out of it.
Though, could be surprised!

I'll see how it goes, as the company is so terrible I can't see a decent engineer coming out and will look for anyway to get out of it.
Though, could be surprised!

I haven't caught up with everything here today, what is the problem anyway?

I think if sun is shining panels should be producing and providing power to house/battery, especially in direct sunlight, anything else is kind of broken and not working right.

The panels inbound would probably be the thing that is least likely to go faulty.

Battery? Hot water via an excess diverter?

Battery will fill quickly it's only 8kwh, I was finding a lot of September it was sat there full even if I reduced the charge target %, if the sun is shining it's filling it up fast.

No hot water tank I have a combi boiler.

I have aircon so can put some there I'm sure.

Otherwise will still be trying to find ways to use some of the excess :)

Battery will fill quickly it's only 8kwh, I was finding a lot of September it was sat there full even if I reduced the charge target %, if the sun is shining it's filling it up fast.

Buy a Tesla, took mine to work today, so have 45kwh to refill..... :D

I haven't caught up with everything here today, what is the problem anyway?

I think if sun is shining panels should be producing and providing power to house/battery, especially in direct sunlight, anything else is kind of broken and not working right.

The panels inbound would probably be the thing that is least likely to go faulty.
My strings aren't balanced.

Doing the maths, 1 string is 1 panel down and the other is 3 panels down.
But each had a tigo optimiser, so I suspect it's most likely them at fault.

I used to have around 328v per string, now I'm down to approx 150v and 250v in similar sun and time of year.

I only make about 2500w max, used to be 3800w

Buy another battery :)

Buy a Tesla, took mine to work today, so have 45kwh to refill..... :D

Yep just calling my bank manager for that loan :D

My strings aren't balanced.

Doing the maths, 1 string is 1 panel down and the other is 3 panels down.
But each had a tigo optimiser, so I suspect it's most likely them at fault.

I used to have around 328v per string, now I'm down to approx 150v and 250v in similar sun and time of year.

I only make about 2500w max, used to be 3800w

I see, yeah guess you can't easily diagnose that remotely as well, I think the advantages of some of the optimisers is that you can see per panel performance, but I guess not with Tigo?

On mine it will be fairly obvious if it's got an issue as the whole string would struggle I think.

Buy another battery :)

Probably the most sensible idea but ROI doesn't really work out most of the year :)

Yep just calling my bank manager for that loan :D

I see, yeah guess you can't easily diagnose that remotely as well, I think the advantages of some of the optimisers is that you can see per panel performance, but I guess not with Tigo?

On mine it will be fairly obvious if it's got an issue as the whole string would struggle I think.

Probably the most sensible idea but ROI doesn't really work out most of the year :)
Need a tigo tap to monitor each panel, which I don't have! Shame....

Back
Top Bottom