Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Well the guys have been and looked at my system and agree it's degrading and most likely the tigo boxes. Just have to wait for his report to go in and see what their next step is from the manager.
They thought there'd be scaffolding up so they could get up and look at the panels though. Seemed ok guys luckily as I've had enough of the office people already

Well the guys have been and looked at my system and agree it's degrading and most likely the tigo boxes. Just have to wait for his report to go in and see what their next step is from the manager.
They thought there'd be scaffolding up so they could get up and look at the panels though. Seemed ok guys luckily as I've had enough of the office people already

How long did you say you had it for?

I was hoping to get more years than I did.

Do you have tigo too?

I said to matey, I could just have 6 on the shaded but and none on the other string, do less chance of future failure, or I could dump the lot and loose power from one string untill it's fully in the sun.
How to do those calcs.....lol.

I can't be paying an engineer visit each time a tigo fails and I also can't swap everything over to solaredge, which is spose to be much better

I was hoping to get more years than I did.

Do you have tigo too?

I said to matey, I could just have 6 on the shaded but and none on the other string, do less chance of future failure, or I could dump the lot and loose power from one string untill it's fully in the sun.
How to do those calcs.....lol.

I can't be paying an engineer visit each time a tigo fails and I also can't swap everything over to solaredge, which is spose to be much better

I do not have anything yet, just doing research as I am interested. Yeah, if I ever got it I would go solaredge.

If they're having to go back up and replace stuff, I would definitely see if you can get some form of monitoring on the Tigo boxes added whilst they're up there, it's very hard to tell if one fails and more importantly where it's failed without that, and scaffold isn't cheap.

I'm not paying anymore, it's up to them now!

I could ask them to install the tigo tap, I'll see what they say. I have mentioned it before and they no longer deal with tigo, so I doubt they'll want to install things like that, if they have to honour a warranty.

I'm not paying anymore, it's up to them now!

I could ask them to install the tigo tap, I'll see what they say. I have mentioned it before and they no longer deal with tigo, so I doubt they'll want to install things like that, if they have to honour a warranty.

Maybe ask how this situation could be avoided and see what they suggest. If they're fixing without charging you anything then fair enough, it probably doesn't matter much.

Does seem a bit rubbish though for random panels to just stop working after a few years.

The guy today said they remove the tigos and don't put any up, but as I have some shading I'm a bit stuffed.
I could loose them all and put up with the shading losses, not sure how to calc that though or what impact it would have. If it saves ever having to go up on the roof (in 5 years and no labour warranty again, they charge £325 to come out) then maybe that's an idea.

If the strings are laid out as they should be, all the tigos can come off one string, as doesn't suffer from shading and then the other can have some. My inverter is dual MPPT, so I've read this can be done.

Back
Top Bottom