Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Temperature is not much of a factor. Its 9am ours is producing 704w thats more than we are currently using in Electricity with 2 people working from home. So yep its working well and its not even doing much.

If anything they work better when they are cold.

But usually cold weather= lower sun/sunlight.

If you could have end of June sunlight, and middle of December temperature it would be perfect
Thats good to know. thanks

I will try and install some even though my roof is not south facing. its more west/east facing if that makes sense?

Also I think for fairness, we should prorata the generated amounts to equalise everybody to a max 4kW of generation.

That way it isn’t the one with the biggest that is better, I’m sure that how normal life works out isn’t it….. :D

Last edited:
Also I think for fairness, we should prorata the generated amounts to equalise everybody to a max 4kW of generation.

That way it isn’t the one with the biggest that is better, I’m sure that how normal life works out isn’t it….. :D
i thought we was doing it as kwh/kw....i'm running at 2.06kwh/kw at the moment compared to some in the team who are running at between 0.9 to 1.3 kwh/kw

Last edited:

That's what I've been saying all along (but someone gives me some stick for that, but I can take it :p), simply divide kWh you've generated by the Kw of panels, which gives kWh generated per Kw of panels.

PS. 5.69kWh so far today with 4kw array

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying all along (but someone gives me some stick for that, but I can take it :p), simply divide kWh you've generated by the Kw of panels, which gives kWh generated per Kw of panels.

PS. 5.69kWh so far today with 4kw array
Heheh, boys boys boys.... You'll never learn.

Well in that case, I want a latitude bonus then for being higher North!

Size matters is all I can say!

Nuclear power plants don't need to prorata their efficiency so old coal stations look better!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom