Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

I think its probably inevitable that my Dec figure will be lower than a typical profile.
Yes you will see lower due to the clipping, but my point is, that its a bad solar December, you will do better when its a better/more typical solar December - its my second worse December in the six years I've had panels. My Decembers have ranged from 71 to 122, and that's entirely down to the weather.

552Wh today, bringing my December total to so far to 83.36kWh.

Dont think we will be producing anything today…which leaves me on 246.8kwhs for the 2 1/2 mths in 2022.

Its start on the solar road and saving us money along the way. 2023 will be a key year to see if its worth adding a small battery for usage when its cloudier, to lesson the draw from the grid long term. If i do get a battery, i will get tye stackable extendable kind and purchase them one at a time, maybe the pylontech variety

2022 Stats:
Meter - 4676.9kWh
MyEnergi CT - 4465.2kWh
Powerwall CT - 4.66MHh

Interesting that the MyEnergi CT is reporting lower...that's what HA uses to upload to PVOutput.

Could it be subtracting standby power used at night when the inverter isn't producing energy? I doubt the inverter uses that much power in a year while it's asleep though...

I have a Sense energy monitor which uses CTs and the solar production figures are lower than actual because it subtracts the negative readings from when the inverter is in standby.

They're also not 100% accurate - I've noticed that when I'm pulling lots of power from the grid overnight (e.g. when charging my car) the solar CT negative reading increases... probably induced voltage confusing the CT?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom