Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

We finally have a fit date for our panels coming on, of Feb 3rd. A bit annoying they didnt go up in November but I suppose best to have a delay this time of year than in the summer as that is when the savings will be greater.

i dont know....ive pulled 260kwh through nov, dec, jan so far........better than paying for 260kwh

True but unless hes been daft he could have earned a half decent amount of interest on the solar install in that period.
260kwh at 34p is basically £88. A typically solar install type cost invested for 3 months isn't going to be that far short of that.

2021 and prior, "when is the best time to get solar installed?" Answer, probably never
2022 and for likely future, "when is the best time to get solar installed?" Answer, 3-6 months ago

:)

Edit: managed to post without posting...

What I was going to say is I'm glad we didn't fanny about too much when getting quotes early last year.

We might have got better, but I'm certain today we wouldn't, and between then and now we are saving money.

Last edited:
Edit: managed to post without posting...

What I was going to say is I'm glad we didn't fanny about too much when getting quotes early last year.

We might have got better, but I'm certain today we wouldn't, and between then and now we are saving money.

100%

I semi missed the boat. Mr Hippo and I talk on discord as well and I decided to follow his quite a bit before I got on with mine. I really wish I hadn't delayed.
Although I think I get pretty lucky with my installer when I did.

I don't see prices dropping in 23. There is a massive demand and unless there is a heavy recession the key trades aren't going to get any cheaper.

100%

I semi missed the boat. Mr Hippo and I talk on discord as well and I decided to follow his quite a bit before I got on with mine. I really wish I hadn't delayed.
Although I think I get pretty lucky with my installer when I did.

I don't see prices dropping in 23. There is a massive demand and unless there is a heavy recession the key trades aren't going to get any cheaper.

Yeah I wish I'd moved a bit earlier as well, I sort of saw it coming but I tried to get my first enquiries in before the April price increases last year, and that slipped so my goal was then just to beat the October ones.

I know from what my friend is getting from the same installer that my £8.5K is now probably a £12K install, so glad I got in when I did (same benefit as what @BUDFORCE said as well, it's already starting to pay for itself).

Back
Top Bottom