Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

thanks. Been reading most of things as will be looking to see if solar worth it when roof is mainly east/west though

I'm back on the solar hunt after the first aborted attempt about a year ago and I've noticed prices have come right down since. Similar systems I am being quoted for are £5000 lower than a year ago.

In fact I'm able to get a 23 panel system based around the 13kwh Giv Energy all in one for a few £k less than than I was being quoted for the same based around 9/10kwh battery on hybrid inverter back then.

Yeah, likewise, the pylontech coupled with Solis has been brilliant so far. So glad I didn’t go Givenergy, I was close, their marketing and ideas are really good, just a little infancy.

Glad I went home brew.

Spent two days at the Solar & Storage show last week at the NEC, that was very good and got to engage with some industry leaders directly, from Solar Edge, Enphase, Sonnen, Solis, GivEnergy, Keno, Plyon, Fronius, GSE and many, many more. Future is looking very positive, and some of the feedback from disti's/wholesalers etc was also sounding like things are going int the right direction.
One interesting thing that came out of it is how unhappy people are with Octopus from ditching MCS, and there are several major players that think they will reverse their decision pretty soon, I for one hope they are wrong.

Yeah, likewise, the pylontech coupled with Solis has been brilliant so far. So glad I didn’t go Givenergy, I was close, their marketing and ideas are really good, just a little infancy.
I’ve pretty much discounted the Solis/Pylon combo because from what I understand, it can’t be easily controlled which makes charging an EV via Octopus Intelligent which can be at random times of the day and not rinsing the batteries challenging.

Last edited:
The GE kit I have seems good, but it's not the AIO so could differ, had the hybrid inverter for a year and it's not skipped a beat yet.

AIO may have it's own issues though, and perhaps I'd be less positive if I had one (and had issues as a result).

It's possible installer also messed up?!

No issues with my givenergy setup either. But tbh you'll find bad experiences with every battery/inverter out there.
Yep, had a GivEnergy AC Inverter and 8.2KWh battery for over a year and no issues. They seem to offer about the best level of control of battery via the app compared to others, plus an open API if you want to get really technical (which I did).

thanks. Been reading most of things as will be looking to see if solar worth it when roof is mainly east/west though
Bonus with East West system for most cases you can add more panels in total which more than offsets the production reduction from a purely south facing single array.

Back
Top Bottom