Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Had this proposal today

My front pitched roof is SE facing so all panels on the front

£10.2K

10 x Longi Hi-Mo X6 Full Black 425W Panels
9KW Solax Triple Power Battery
3.7KW Solax X1 Hybrid Inverter

Is that for 3 x 3kWh batteries? If it is, that is why the price may seem a little high.

I would consider going for at least a 5kW Hybrid Inverter.

Also, something to consider if you're going for a Solax Wireless dongle. Make sure it is one with a recent serial number so it provides live data rather than a 5m delay.

Solax

Is that for 3 x 3kWh batteries? If it is, that is why the price may seem a little high.

I would consider going for at least a 5kW Hybrid Inverter.

Also, something to consider if you're going for a Solax Wireless dongle. Make sure it is one with a recent serial number so it provides live data rather than a 5m delay.

Solax

yes its 3 batteries because they are modular so stack on top of each other making it easier to upgrade in future apparently

Have you considered the Solax Triple Power 5.8kWh battery? You can stack up to 4 of them.

Be mindful of the battery Versions. I have 2 x Triple Power V2.2 From online reading, stacking them is fine as long as they are all on the same firmware and version. People who mix and match seem to have balancing problems. I mention this as you say you plan to add more batteries later on.

Have you considered the Solax Triple Power 5.8kWh battery? You can stack up to 4 of them.

Be mindful of the battery Versions. I have 2 x Triple Power V2.2 From online reading, stacking them is fine as long as they are all on the same firmware and version. People who mix and match seem to have balancing problems. I mention this as you say you plan to add more batteries later on.
i don't plan to add more was just told i could if needed?

With my annual use of 2800 i think 9kw is more than enough right?

That works out to about 8kWh use per day. Those 3 batteries at peak performance will supply about 8.1kWh from full charge to min dod of 10%.

So those figures look fine. Do you know what your max draw is? like when you're using your highest drawing electrical items, like oven/hob/shower. Hence to consider a larger inverter.

That works out to about 8kWh use per day. Those 3 batteries at peak performance will supply about 8.1kWh from full charge to min dod of 10%.

So those figures look fine. Do you know what your max draw is? like when you're using your highest drawing electrical items, like oven/hob/shower. Hence to consider a larger inverter.

Highest draw would be when oven is on which max is 3kw

Hob is gas and shower is off boiler

Highest draw would be when oven is on which max is 3kw

Hob is gas and shower is off boiler

What is your baseload currently, always good to have that so you can remove it from the peak draw situation. E.g Oven + base load, plus any other devices you may run along side for more than a few seconds or maybe minutes if a kettle etc.

Seems to add up then, although I would probably get a quote for the larger X1 Hybrid G4 5kWh inverter.
Don't forget, if you go with Solax, try to get the newer wifi dongle, they are all the V3 but the newer serial numbers can report live data.

I have those batteries I think (there are a few versions) I would avoid in the future.
The performance of the solax batteries has been well below expectations. I am supposed to have 12.3 max, 11kwh useable (from 4x3kwh batteries). I am getting around 9.x where x is low.
I have had support saying they are fine and then immediately saying no they need replacing.

You may have more reliability if they are in a warm place, but outside/unheated garage etc I would deffo avoid in future

Not sure if it's been mentioned in here, but from 1st Feb, 0% VAT on batteries added to existing solar PV systems.

I'm also considering adding another. It would give me a usable capacity of around 15.5kWh, roughly our daily usage over the winter months.
The specs state my hybrid inverter can handle three slave batteries and the original master/slave will only be 4-5 months old. But part of me wonders about having an odd number, mad I know.

I'm also considering adding another. It would give me a usable capacity of around 15.5kWh, roughly our daily usage over the winter months.
The specs state my hybrid inverter can handle three slave batteries and the original master/slave will only be 4-5 months old. But part of me wonders about having an odd number, mad I know.
I don't like the TV volume on an odd number lol, crazy brains!

Back
Top Bottom