Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Associate
I've a PW2 and it's been faultless for coming up 4 years. I'd have no issue reccomending a PW.

PW3 can do 11.5kW Continuous output. That's going to be mega for gaming savings sessions :)

Last edited:
Associate
I've a PW2 and it's been faultless for coming up 4 years. I'd have no issue reccomending a PW.

PW3 can do 11.5kW Continuous output. That's going to be mega for gaming savings sessions :)
I didn't think the Powerwall let you force export? Certainly when I looked a few years back your only option for that sort of thing was basically their own system where they controlled the charging and export.

Soldato
Sorry team I can't find a thread to ask this in.

My Givenergy Cloud dashboard says my battery is at 0% and I can see a large discharge. It also says it's not sending anything to the battery even though I'm in a charge period.

The battery itself displays a full charge on the LEDs. Any ideas why it might be doing this?

Soldato
Probably a BMS communication issue.

Try turning it off and on to see if it clears, if not call GivEnergy or post in their Facebook group.

Edit when I say off and on I mean kill the AC to the inverter and the DC breaker on the battery so it’s completely dead, give it 30 secs and back on again.

Edit2: the dashboard should any any errors stored on the inverter page.

Last edited:
Well, got pigeons under my front panels (even though I have netting).
Emailed company and they are sending someone out to repair. Little buggers are noisy.

Wow, I came to post the same.

Today we found out that a bit of our anti bird stuff seems to have either come off or come loose, hard to see, but there is a couple of pigeons trying to build a nest underneath.

Going to have to contact my installer on Monday.

Associate
Wow, I came to post the same.

Today we found out that a bit of our anti bird stuff seems to have either come off or come loose, hard to see, but there is a couple of pigeons trying to build a nest underneath.

Going to have to contact my installer on Monday.

I had to send them images of the birds actually underneath the panels, before they would agree to come out.
Once captured, they were straight on to it.

@Mercenary Keyboard Warrior, I’m pretty sure we used the same installer, a small section of my bird netting became dislodged during all that high wind we had earlier in the year. They were on it as soon as I reported it.

Cool cheers.
I haven't had any issues with them (bar performance issues on battery) so I am sure they will fix it.
The only issue I have is that I am at the edge of their area they cover so its a fair trek for someone if they have no one in the area.

I had to send them images of the birds actually underneath the panels, before they would agree to come out.
Once captured, they were straight on to it.

Yeah plan to grab a pic later of one of them there and a picture of the netting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably a BMS communication issue.

Try turning it off and on to see if it clears, if not call GivEnergy or post in their Facebook group.

Edit when I say off and on I mean kill the AC to the inverter and the DC breaker on the battery so it’s completely dead, give it 30 secs and back on again.

Edit2: the dashboard should any any errors stored on the inverter page.
I'm really embarrassed to respond to this but also I can't not thank you for your response.

It's totally fine. It was just at 0w import to the battery and idle. And I'm a Muppet.

Associate
Advice needed please, we are looking at installing solar, as our current electricity monthly bill is around £220.
This is due to a koi pond with 110w UV, pump and airstones running 24/7 & occasionally the hot tub.
The panels are south facing on the house.

Octopus have quoted us £6,715 for this:
https://ibb.co/N2znGNm
https://ibb.co/rM9sSyB
https://ibb.co/9WhLGBm
https://ibb.co/86tN1hv

I have no idea about any of this.
Is this a good price, is it decent tackle?
Any advice appreciated, thanks

Back
Top Bottom