Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

The original system has exceeded estimates, but I never did estimates for the garage system (will when I get around to it), and too early to tell with the latest panels.
good to hear. I have seen lots of online calculators which are pretty obscure and/or have heroic assumptions into future. So real world experiences always very welcomed, am keeping an eye on the other solar threads.

Last edited:
good to hear. I have seen lots of online calculators which are pretty obscure and/or have heroic assumptions into future. So real world experiences always very welcomed, am keeping an eye on the other solar threads.
They have to use (well should be using) the MCS calculator but it’s very flawed.

It assumes the battery is only ever going to be used for self consuming your own solar and doesn’t at all take into account time of use pricing.

It’s basically set up for when FIT was a thing.

Its inflation calculations were ‘interesting’ when I was getting my quotes originally which we’d during the spike.

I did my own payback projections (man maths) based on how I’d use the system.

Last edited:
My new 4 ones (430w). Taking me upto 35 panels now (11.270kw total)

Only been online for this afternoon, will need a full (good) day to see how they compare to my house mounted panels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom