Some Questions about LOTR: Online (well 8 actually :P)

flibby said:
You could run near max yeah, but not at max. I can't run at max @ 1440x900 which is the resolution I play at and my specs are in my sig. The game does full support widescreen.
Runs maxed for me on the 8800GTS 640MB in 1680x1050.

Ulfhedjinn said:
Runs maxed for me on the 8800GTS 640MB in 1680x1050.
With AA / AF ?

I can't run it at 1440x900 with max in everything, let alone adding any AA, but do use 16xAF.

flibby said:
With AA / AF ?

I can't run it at 1440x900 with max in everything, let alone adding any AA, but do use 16xAF.
4xAA and 16xAF, with vsync on but it does the 30/60 jumping quite a lot.

I set FakeFullscreen to false in the .ini file I should add, true is a performance hitter.

mulpsmebeauty said:
I take it you don't recall the frustrating "a character with that name already exists" errors that used to stop you reconnecting in WoW for a few minutes after a boot though :p

Yes that was annoying but at least it was fixed eventually, lotro issue won't be fixed unless they rewrite how the game connects to the servers :(

Down1oader said:
Running it all on ultra settings 1920x1200, i disabled triple buffering though as that was eating 10fps, id rather play at 40fps over 30fps
Seems LOTRO definitely favours the 8800 Series over the HD2900 Series then.

i downloaded he 1.2 pach seperately using the official torrent file, installed that and then loaded up lotro. It asked me to get the latest version so i just did continue and it downloaded a small updated and unpacked over 3k high res textures (i chose to install high res textures)

Forgot to mention thats with 16AF and 2xAA

i cant actually quite beleive this, i think im going to have to take it back because it just downloads at no more than 1kb/s, i ******** hate virgin media so much, they said theres nothing wrong with my line but everythings ****ing wrong with it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tomanders91 said:
i cant actually quite beleive this, i think im going to have to take it back because it just downloads at no more than 1kb/s, i ******** hate virgin media so much, they said theres nothing wrong with my line but everythings ****ing wrong with it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

VM are a pain in the ass tbh, but my speeds were a lot faster than that!

tomanders91 said:
Well id just have to replace it i suppose, im so ****ing angry though, what a waste of ****ing money.

Exactly my thoughts. They wont take it back tho because youve registered the cdkey, so to them its useless.

ok just a question, i decided to be an Elf, and the snowy area i start in is kind of boring and theres no other online players about, is this normal? All the quests come under 'begginer' When do i get to the real stuff, with all the players and good quests to do.

You are probably in the "newbie" zone. When you start the game, you aren't actually placed in the real game world, instead you are inside a seperate area of the world that only people starting the game are allowed in. When you exit this area after completeing all the newbie quests, you'll start seeing A LOT more people around. But really it's generally very quiet on most servers in Elf land, mainly because the "central" area of the world tends to revolve around Bree, everyone congragates there instead of other areas for some odd reason.

About the quests, you'll find they pick up from about level 10. Most of the starting quest are really just introductory quests to get you used to your character, especially since you are most likely in the "newbie" zone which as mentioned isn't a proper part of the real game world.

Back
Top Bottom