Some Questions about LOTR: Online (well 8 actually :P)

tomanders91 said:
is there anyway to get a indicater on your radar telling you what way you need to go for a specific quest?, also what about map travel?

Thinking about giving it another go, but as a man instead and on a busier server.

Whats the most busy server?

edit: Never mind, wont update anyway now, just says http error or something.

The quests are well explained, usually says ' head north of your current location' or 'or just south-east of bree'. As far as map travel goes, find a stable in a town and from there you can travel by horse to another stable you have previously located, otherwise get the running shoes out ;)

Pukk@pie said:
The quests are well explained, usually says ' head north of your current location' or 'or just south-east of bree'.

I got stuck (and irritated) at level 17-19, having a book full of quests with poorly described locations that I couldn't find without excessive wandering about.

if your that lost ina quest, just change your output chat channel to advise and ask

i.e where about is (insert object) in quest (name of quest) i cant seem to find it?

i van honestly say so far i have never asked a question and not got a answer and not just a answer but a helpful and precise answer!

somtimes things like this remind me that the internet isnt full of 12 yr olds

hope this helps

Loki

thursday used to be maintenence day, agme would be offline for a period while weekly maintence and fixes were done.

would think it will tell you on the front page of

www.lotr-europe.com

cant check for u as that site is blocked at my office

hope this helps

also on that site you can see the server populations (high to low) incase u decide to roll on a busier server. if do decide to change give snowbourne a try its busy and worst comes to worst u can send me a tell or join our kinship they guys in there r v helpful when ** learnign what to do

Loki

Back on now i think, ill go on snowbourne this time, i just need to get settled in then i should be fine, so once ive finished the noob server, ill just go around doing as many quests as i can to raise my level and stuff, then start on other things.

Also what about deeds? I dont understand them at all? I remember i got like 4-5 of them in the first hour and i have no idea how they work.

ok thanks, i am on that server now with a new character, done most quests in noobie area just a few more to level up once more then ill do the main quest so i can go t othe normal server. How do i get in contact with you in the game?

to send a private message, in the chat box type, /tell (user name) then message

i.e to contact me /tell lokion hi m8

hope you will be able to enjoy the experiance more this time round,

tomanders91 said:
is there anyway to get a indicater on your radar telling you what way you need to go for a specific quest?
That would be far, far too easy. There are perfectly good directions in your quest log.

tomanders91 said:
also what about map travel?
Don't think map travel is in the game but there are many forms of fast travel.

mulpsmebeauty said:
I got stuck (and irritated) at level 17-19, having a book full of quests with poorly described locations that I couldn't find without excessive wandering about.
The directions are clear as day, and there are signs all over Middle-Earth.

Do you get lost a lot in real life?

Last edited:
Ulfhedjinn said:
The directions are clear as day, and there are signs all over Middle-Earth.

Uh yeah, because directions like "he can be found in his house north west of Bree" gives the location with pin point accuracy. The quest log is really like a Middle Earth equivalent of sat-nav it's so perfectly descriptive.

thanks guys, couple more questions, could someone please explain 'deeds' for me, plus im dont really know what crafting is either.

Oh and how do you know when and were to go for the epic quests?

(man, champion, well i think i chose champion, the one that focus's on combat more than anything)

Last edited:
mulpsmebeauty said:
Uh yeah, because directions like "he can be found in his house north west of Bree" gives the location with pin point accuracy. The quest log is really like a Middle Earth equivalent of sat-nav it's so perfectly descriptive.
Go noth west of Bree until you see a house, or houses. The one you can enter will be it. :o

Unless it's the first thing you'll see in that direction, it'll have more directions.

ive got an account with a level 10 character and a key if anyone wants it.. ill also send you the retail box with cd's. i hate the game that much.

tomanders91 said:
thanks guys, couple more questions, could someone please explain 'deeds' for me, plus im dont really know what crafting is either.

Oh and how do you know when and were to go for the epic quests?

(man, champion, well i think i chose champion, the one that focus's on combat more than anything)

You complete deeds by killing a certain amount of creatures in a certain area or visiting new locations. You can check out what deeds you've found (still not completed) and completed deepds by pressing (Shift L)

Once you complete a deed you'll gain traits which can be equipped at a bard.

Back
Top Bottom