• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Associate
Would appear that I've lucked in. Sorry chaps. Makes me want to push for 4Ghz, but the thought of putting more than 1.4v through these is disturbing. I have tried but at 1.43v i though it's not gunna happen. There seems to be a sweet spot for these CPU's and I think mine is where it is now.

Soldato
Can you not get 3.9Ghz @ 1.35v? 1.4 seems a little high

1.37v is bootable and can run realbench AIDA and the like for hours. Gaming is a no no however. 1.4 is fine for me. I'm only keeping it till zen+ or whatever its called.
I've run chips at voltages right at their limits for years and never had an issue.

Soldato
Would appear that I've lucked in. Sorry chaps. Makes me want to push for 4Ghz, but the thought of putting more than 1.4v through these is disturbing. I have tried but at 1.43v i though it's not gunna happen. There seems to be a sweet spot for these CPU's and I think mine is where it is now.

1.44 was enough for me to get 10 mins out of realbench @4.0 lol. The voltage needed to get this to an extra 100mhz isn't worth it. Faster RAM is what these need.

Associate
Have you guys run through some RB stress for 15 mins to see if it sticks?

I'll have a look at PState later too.

Those struggling with BCLK, try adding 100.4 (20-30mhz on RAM/CPU) and do a RB. Also, there's a specific setting for increasing stability from changing BCLK, can't remember what it is called, but Sense Skew or something. Also, DREAM VBOOT or something is good for mem.

I needed 1.4v on my Corsair, though i read on Overclockers Elmor said 1.5v was ok on RAM.

Soldato
Have you guys run through some RB stress for 15 mins to see if it sticks?

I'll have a look at PState later too.

Those struggling with BCLK, try adding 100.4 (20-30mhz on RAM/CPU) and do a RB. Also, there's a specific setting for increasing stability from changing BCLK, can't remember what it is called, but Sense Skew or something. Also, DREAM VBOOT or something is good for mem.

I needed 1.4v on my Corsair, though i read on Overclockers Elmor said 1.5v was ok on RAM.

I've had mine pass 8 hours of realbench without issue.
Whenever I add anything to BCLK even .2 I get crashes everywhere.
I'll try adding more voltage to memory and try again tomorrow.

Associate
Hi guys, is anybody able to tell me if im heading in the right direction with my overclock?

All ive done so far is play around with the clock speed and core voltage on Ryzen master, just having a little play here and there, will eventually want to move over and set something permanent in BIOS though..

omHFIvT.jpg

Associate
Hi guys, is anybody able to tell me if im heading in the right direction with my overclock?

All ive done so far is play around with the clock speed and core voltage on Ryzen master, just having a little play here and there, will eventually want to move over and set something permanent in BIOS though..

omHFIvT.jpg

Looks okay that, nice volts for 4Ghz.

Associate

omHFIvT.jpg

Guarantee that isn't stable bud. Run Realbench and see if it survives.

If it does you got a top percentile chip at that voltage.

Associate
16gb will stress the controller more. O also recommend running at least 1 hour.
Right ok thanks, will leave it going for a bit longer at some point as im going to play some games for a bit instead, just passed another 15 minutes at 16GB ram though

vXFOuDJ.png

So i've potentially got quite lucky then? assuming it is 100% stable,
Also how confident can I be about the reported voltages and temperatures?

Soldato
Right ok thanks, will leave it going for a bit longer at some point as im going to play some games for a bit instead, just passed another 15 minutes at 16GB ram though

vXFOuDJ.png

Assuming that is 100% stable it looks like you have a golden sample.
Those temps look similar to mine i read that only the 1700x and 1800x have a difference with temp readings where you should add 20 degrees.

Associate
it passed 15 mins realbench stress test with upto 4gb RAM,
running it again now with up to 16GB RAM usage, does that make a difference to the cpu stress level?

Yes, a tonne more load to process. See how you get on.

Running 2666mhz RAM at relatively high voltage probably helps, versus 3200 on mine. I needed 1.396 to do 4020 / 3200.

Also, tried 4100 this morning with 1.41, it bombed hard... Had to CMOS reset lol.

Of i could get my RAM to 3400 I'd settle happily for a 3.8ghz clock if i could ramp the bclk up. But ideally want to keep under 105 for PCIE gen3.

Associate

vXFOuDJ.png

Looks good, what cooler you have on there? Very low maximum for a RB run, or did you set profile crazy aggressive?

Associate
I'm using a Corsair H110i 280mm AIO cooler

I was always hoping to hit 4ghz as its just a nice round number so I probably wont try for anything higher for now

I'd like to get my ram running faster but as I've got a 2x16gb sticks I think I'm happy enough with the speed until theres any significant updates

Associate
I'm using a Corsair H110i 280mm AIO cooler

I was always hoping to hit 4ghz as its just a nice round number so I probably wont try for anything higher for now

I'd like to get my ram running faster but as I've got a 2x16gb sticks I think I'm happy enough with the speed until theres any significant updates

Well, you're at 3991, so you need to push another half to get 4ghz :)

Associate
Managed to puch mine up a whopping 50Mhz. So 39.50, the volts it needs to do it though - 1.4v. The more I play, the more I feel my 3.9 at 1.35v is the best my chip will do. Can't complain though, that's still a good clock across all cores.

Soldato
I still don't get why everyone is worried about going to or over 1.4V when AMD warranty is to 1.55V and recommend 1.45V for 24/7 clock.

With that in mind for people gaming an overclock with 1.55V will be fine technically.

Back
Top Bottom