• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Caporegime
Meh, im ****** if I know lol. I've just reset cmos and changed nothing but pstate0 not even the voltage. Got into windows, locked to pstate 1 @ 2700 :/
Why can't we have cool n' quiet like the old days lol

You need to enable and set an Offset voltage on the Vcore, then it should work if you made no other changes.

Associate
Right, offset set on the Core (which was a dirty to much than needed) but P 0 @ 99 (3.85ghz) is working ok for me. I did do a load default, save BIOS then go for the p state change.

Matt, 1.4V safeish for 24/7?

Caporegime
Right, offset set on the Core (which was a dirty to much than needed) but P 0 @ 99 (3.85ghz) is working ok for me. I did do a load default, save BIOS then go for the p state change.

Matt, 1.4V safeish for 24/7?

Atta boy! Yes, anything 1.4v or under is perfectly safe. You could probably go higher without issue, say up to 1.45v.

Caporegime
As I've been playing most of the day, looks like 1.417v for 4Ghz. What do you think @AMDMatt?

edit:I have to add, this is just what I was after. Just like Intel Speedstep, ramps up when needed.

Perfect.

Disable HPET via Windows (google) and use Windows High Performance mode when you want maximum performance. (gaming, benching etc)

Soldato
Right, I've now sorted it. The VID in pstate0 was set to 20 (1.35v) even after a cmos reset. I manually changed it to 3A and set my offset from there.
It is now clocking down to 1500mhz at 0.8v Happy days.

At the moment I'm at [email protected] I have tried 1.44 for 4.0 but it was unstable. I dont think going an extra .1 is going to help that :D
I'm going to order some 3200mhz ram and call it a day I think. I'm sick of seeing this damn BIOS!

On a side note, setting the bus any than 100 results in a crash, even at 102. Is this down to memory also? I'm leaning towards that because I can boot at 2933 but its very flaky but 2666 is perfect.

Caporegime
Scrub that, she's not quite stable. May need a little more juice or knack her down on the clocks.

I find voltage stability for the Crosshair VI Hero works in 3-4 voltage bumps. If i get instability, i increase voltage 4 notches usually. Once you're close to stability, a 3-4 notch bump all but guarantees it.

Right, I've now sorted it. The VID in pstate0 was set to 20 (1.35v) even after a cmos reset. I manually changed it to 3A and set my offset from there.

At the moment I'm at [email protected] I have tried 1.44 for 4.0 but it was unstable. I dont think going an extra .1 is going to help that :D
I'm going to order some 3200mhz ram and call it a day I think. I'm sick of seeing this damn BIOS!

On a side note, setting the bus any than 100 results in a crash, even at 102. Is this down to memory also? I'm leaning towards that because I can boot at 2933 but its very flaky but 2666 is perfect.

Finally dude. :D

Further update. Settled on a 3.9Ghz via P State config. Been running 4.9 all day, volts are much less than if I tried pushing for 4Ghz - I'll never notice that 100mhz.

Thanks again for all you help @AMDMatt

Glad i could help.

Associate

The board will not run my ram at 3200 and its on the QVL too.

Caporegime
If you can't get memory stable, you can try increasing VDDSOC up to 1.20v, but don't go over that limit and usually the lower the better. I've seen some users require 1.15v to get stability. This should improve with bios updates, so might be worth running a lower speed for now and waiting for more updates.

Associate

Can you not get 3.9Ghz @ 1.35v? 1.4 seems a little high

Back
Top Bottom