Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

Caporegime
A bit of a focus on numbers here. You sound like fox and his universal 0-60.

It’s all about how they feel to drive. Something acme still has to realise.

OcUK Staff
OP
A bit of a focus on numbers here. You sound like fox and his universal 0-60.

It’s all about how they feel to drive. Something acme still has to realise.

Spot on really, the SVR blew my socks off the first time I drove it and it still continues to do so, which is why if and when I do change it, then it shall be late next year and only something as incredible as a Mclaren really seems an appropriate replacement which I guess kind of shows how great the SVR is. :)

Soldato
It also matters where the weight is, nice and low and as 50:50 as you can front to rear. Also, that carbon roof on the SVR might only net you about a 1KG saving, but it's it's shaivng it off high.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Well really more praise for Jaguar service.
Dropped my car of yesterday for its Service, which they agreed to do at the fixed price of £349, even though they use the more expensive Castrol 0W-20 oil as its only approved oil and made specially for that specific engine. They also agreed a discount.
A new XF Sportbrake Portfolio AWD was loaned to me, nice car, proper cruiser, no sensation of speed or performance even though its a 250PS AWD, just felt slow in all honesty but for a cruising around, very comfortable.

Car was ready to collect some hours later, they were like were apologetic but we can get the discounted price to under £300 as your specific car also needs a transbox/gearbox oil change as what came out was quite dark and the oil is expensive, but we've done the parts, service at essentially cost so the total bill is £315 with the VAT.

I was like I will be honest before I learned about fixed price servicing I was expecting a £1000-£1500 service cost, seems the norm with cars of such ilk and performance, so was pleasantly surprised, even more so.
I will also comment the gearbox is more responsive in auto mode for sure, just more responsive than its already very responsive self so it was certainly due the oil change.

But also their attention to detail, they did not wash as requested, they pumped the tyres up, they filled the screen wash and they also did a thorough health report with zero issues, front tyres 6mm, rears 5mm, brake pads 40% worn.

So many only comment when things go bad, I just want to say the service I have received from Stratstone Hanley has been nothing short of fantastic and the pricing for a main dealer is absolutely superb, especially considering this is a car that is 110-140k new with options, yet the servicing is really nothing out the oridinary and comes just once a year or every 16,000 miles, though I add my own interim oil change also done by dealership which cost circa £150 by them, just for peace of mind.

But again, great service and very fair pricing.
This level of service, expertise and knowledge is what can keep you loyal and happy with a brand, yes that's the other surprising thing all the technicians really know their stuff, the older techs are super knowledgeable and the younger ones are true enthusiast. It is so pleasant compared to the shambles that was the Ford main dealer (Bristol Street), of course Ford in Congleton were also experts and professional.

Thanks Jaguar! :)

OcUK Staff
OP

Guess Arden run a similar setup to mine as can certainly here some SC whine in that video, though the whine on mine is even louder, the noise never gets tiring. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Though the next car is not yet decided, I've decided to advertise the SVR and put it for sale on PH soon, I was hoping some could help me with writing the advert and what I should or not include.

For example would putting in the advert that is the quickest known SVR in the world in quarter mile at 11.1@126mph be a good or bad thing, or will people just think raced or will they think enthusiast owned and well looked after? I guess some see as a positive but some would feel raced and abused, though a 10s run at full throttle is far less stressful than say a 200mph run down the autobahn.

Of course I shall include the rare options such as Carbon roof as it makes it a rare option and puts it in lightest possible specification with the 2PC brake disc on the car.

I am thinking I should leave the ceramic wheels on the car as they look far more striking than the gunmetal SVR wheels, I can simply just sell those wheels separately on ebay as they go for 1-2k typically.

As I am in no rush I was going to advertise the car at £74,950 which is a little over but not much over, but the spec could swing it and at this pricing level people will pay 2-3k more to get a car in the spec they want. Or maybe I should advertise even higher just on the off-chance I get someone who wants a car with my spec/colour.

This miles and colour seem to changing hands in the 72-75k bracket, Jaguar offered 67k to buy it, which makes me guess they'd advertise it at 71-74k as they typically aim for 5-6k profit I think on a used car and I am not in a particular rush so do not want to price it too competitively and it then sells, not always end of world as I have M3 and Clio to use, or even Aston at weekends, but ideally I'd quite like to hang on to it for a few more months yet just make sense to advertise it in case a taker comes along.

The only other blue one for sale is at Redline, 72k, no carbon roof, no ceramic wheels, no 2PC brakes and the ones with carbon roof and ceramics are 87k and 89k at Jaguar, albeit MY18 models.

Caporegime
I’d not mention quickest etc, just makes you sound like your some well off boy racer imo.

Emphasis on the spec and rare colour etc.

As for price, I’d be expecting a low bid so price it high, it’s a rare car in that spec, someone in the know and after that spec will pay for it I’m sure.

If you do get more, I accept PayPal gift for my advice:p :D

OcUK Staff
OP

Thanks! :)
Was an awesome car that, the regular Carrera's on the 991 do zero for me, even the GTS, they just look dull and fit in too easily, maybe that is the idea. The 997.1 with aerokit just looked epic, basically GT3 looks, but half the money, they are bringing really strong money now simply due to how expensive 997 GT3's are.

Fortunately I am now in a position to follow my dream of a 991 GT3 or even something more exotic. :)

Caporegime
Thanks! :)
Was an awesome car that, the regular Carrera's on the 991 do zero for me, even the GTS, they just look dull and fit in too easily, maybe that is the idea. The 997.1 with aerokit just looked epic, basically GT3 looks, but half the money, they are bringing really strong money now simply due to how expensive 997 GT3's are.

Fortunately I am now in a position to follow my dream of a 991 GT3 or even something more exotic. :)
No problem mate.

Just had a re-read, a lesson in writing an advert and what a lovely machine it was - can’t believe it’s over 3years since you moved it on!

Very much looking forward to whatever replaces the SVR, a very tough act to follow. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom