Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Washed car Saturday whilst hungover and as always Sunday it threw it down, still managed to grab a couple of nice photos:

hdr2.jpg

hdr1.jpg

Also getting the Clio back today after a full paint restoration by Autobrite, they got rid of pretty much all the scratches and it looks absolutely incredible, shall post images up later.
Am also very impressed with the camera on the my new phone (iPhone XS Max) really takes incredible pictures and seems to just pull out more detail. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

It is on a cold morning like this morning when the car is all iced up you appreciate having stuff like remote start/heating, heated windscreen, heated wheel and heated seats. No having to scrape screens or having to battle with trying to open the door, just remote start the car ten minutes early and its clear, then when leaving work simply hit the heated windscreen button for literally near instant clearing the front screen.

It is what makes the SVR such an epic super car:

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

OcUK Staff
OP
You need a garage. :p

Have contemplated knocking this one down and building a bigger one to be honest as garages are not that expensive, just probably spent more booking a holiday, but in fairness I've never really felt the absolute need to put a car in a garage, but absolutely do need a garage for all the sets of spare wheels I've got. :D

Man of Honour
You need to get a mechanic who starts your cars for you, does the first fart in the morning to warm the seat (but windows open) and then hands you the keys as you dive in and race off, throwing stones all over him to 'learn him his place'. Or her, it can be a her too....if she's fit.

OcUK Staff
OP
You need to get a mechanic who starts your cars for you, does the first fart in the morning to warm the seat (but windows open) and then hands you the keys as you dive in and race off, throwing stones all over him to 'learn him his place'. Or her, it can be a her too....if she's fit.

:D

Soldato
a garage is a good idea, because leaving a car out will weather the rubber and plastic trim............BMW looks good, i love the yellow roll cage, it's a great colour contrast to the blue

Soldato
It actually starts the engine? I've not seen that before factory fitted to a UK spec car - some rubbish about it being illegal to leave a car started and unattended

Caporegime
It actually starts the engine? I've not seen that before factory fitted to a UK spec car - some rubbish about it being illegal to leave a car started and unattended

The Highway Code states: 'You MUST NOT leave a parked vehicle unattendedwith the engine running or leave a vehicleengine running unnecessarily while that vehicleis stationary on a public road'.

Ultimately I’m sure we’re Joe Scumbag to jump in and try to drive off it would cut out and I can’t see there being an issue with the car running on private land tbh.

Soldato
They can’t jump in cos it’s locked anyway, once you press the brake it checks for the key and then would cut out had you unlocked it but still no key in the cabin. There is subtle hint in the manual to be private road use only.

OcUK Staff
OP
They can’t jump in cos it’s locked anyway, once you press the brake it checks for the key and then would cut out had you unlocked it but still no key in the cabin. There is subtle hint in the manual to be private road use only.

Yep this, car remains locked and if you do unlock it and then get in without key it cuts out.
Not that I care about legality, but I only ever use remote start at home and work, both of which are private land.

On another note I took a brave pill this morning as I normally jump in the M3 on wet days to do skids. :D
Today it was wet but warm, so fully went DSC OFF and Dynamic mode and the SVR does proper skids like a RWD car, lets go really quick due to the power/torque but then holds the angle quite nice, its not quite as finessed as the M3 due to its weight, size, power and AWD but it does it and it does it well. Really quite surprised! :)

Back
Top Bottom