Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

Soldato
I think the style of those wheels let down what is an epic car. Get a new set of boots!

Still was looking forward to your Mustang though and was intrigued by the 10 speed box.

OcUK Staff
OP
^This^

The wheels from the ceramic brake package look loads better than those ones, regardless of them being black or anthracite. Still an epic looking and sounding car though :cool:

Depends which ceramic wheels, there is two, one style I hate with a passion and the other I quite like. :)

Soldato
Hi there

So........ :D

Great shout, I recall mentioning the f-type in the first post of your other thread.

Looks like you have purchased this with the perfect mindset and best financing approach so depreciation isn't a concern and you can just enjoy it.

This is so much better than your Mustang option and besides not everything is about the numbers on paper.

Plus this will generate more random interest and discussion than the Porsche, Mustang, R8 etc.

OcUK Staff
OP
Can it be modded it when it PCP finance as you do not own the car..:confused:

Depends what you want to mod, no plans for anything major just maybe brakes/wheels. Plenty of people do far more to PCP cars but technically you should not. Of course you can mod a PCP car on the basis you have informed them and if they so require it back to stock when returned that this can be done. I guess it depends on who your financing with and maybe how much of the car you own, the guys I am with are fine with me adding my own touch if I so wish to do so. I have a lot of money up front in the car and it shall either be paid of before term ends or at the end I shall purchase the car outright, no intentions to hand it back. :)

Great shout, I recall mentioning the f-type in the first post of your other thread.

Looks like you have purchased this with the perfect mindset and best financing approach so depreciation isn't a concern and you can just enjoy it.

This is so much better than your Mustang option and besides not everything is about the numbers on paper.

Plus this will generate more random interest and discussion than the Porsche, Mustang, R8 etc.

Pretty much spot on, yes their are faster cars on paper but this is just a such a passionate car, in that way it is similar to the Mustang it, only difference being not much need to mod, but in fairness if we could buy a GT 350 or new GT 500 in the UK, they would be similar as they are pretty much sorted out the door from the manufacturer.

Everyone who has come to look at the car today are blown away by it because it is very different from your 911's, Porsches etc. and stands out like a sore thumb, people can't get over the noise either, they absolutely love it, seeing grown man just turn into giggling girls, says to me Jaguar got a lot right about this car. :)

Once I get my log book, my plates go on. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Sports cat/decat, pulley and remap for 625hp+ within 6 months I bet ;)

Don't think I want to mess with power/tuning due to warranty, the engine is towards limits stock, hence why SVR have no engine covers to try to keep heat / soak to a minimum as the extra 25PS creates some additional heat. Plus at 576PS it goes quite well, I suspect I'd not notice another 50PS and you have to trust me when I say Jaguar did a fantastic job on the ZF8 and power response, but of course who knows what the future holds.

For me the only real major modifications is:

- A new set of disc all round is under £300 for Jaguar OEM, very cheap but it is because they are solid one piece disc all round, heavy chunks of iron, so I will either fit two-piece in the future for weights/looks or even do the full ceramic conversion, it is possible, cost a fair wedge though, about £8000 as need the ceramic based wheels too to accommodate the larger Alcon calipers.

That is it really as it really is sorted from factory.

Soldato
That is it really as it really is sorted from factory.

Yeah you can understand this is a capable R car with then the SVO engineers gets to play with and change with a full development programme - high speed nardo circuit and low temp low friction with CFD and aero tunnel Work. Ian Callum is also involved with the design changes, remember his brother Moray penned the Mustang so you must like the Callum style ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah you can understand this is a capable R car with then the SVO engineers gets to play with and change with a full development programme - high speed nardo circuit and low temp low friction with CFD and aero tunnel Work. Ian Callum is also involved with the design changes, remember his brother Moray penned the Mustang so you must like the Callum style ;)

Guess that explains why I went Jaaaaaag. :D

Soldato
I guess it could still be on its original tyres, but at 17k with almost 580BHP it may also not be ;)

Most owners of cars like these rarely drive them hard. Of course some do, often the younger enthusiasts you find on the forums and vlogs but this is a very small percentage of the total ownership representation.

The reason you tend to find F Types with unusually high mileage for this class of car is they do make brilliant every day drivers cars and are typically bought by the 50+ age demographic for that purpose.

OcUK Staff
OP
I guess it could still be on its original tyres, but at 17k with almost 580BHP it may also not be ;)

Had new tyres in February which have covered around a 1000 miles, car predominately done motorway miles and no doubt being loaned on weekends and driven hard.

Gave it some right foot and the kick down is brutal and acceleration savage I really love it and that was in snow mode as it’s frozen still but it got the power down well in straight line. :)

I just love how this auto has absolutely zero lag it almost pulls wheelies ;)

Back
Top Bottom