Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Is it comin to Santa Pod?

Yes absolutely. :)

Still need to check the Pzero to see if they are PZ4 version, but today is warmer, well I say warmer, a toasty 5c and wet, but the grip was fine no doubt helped vastly by the AWD system. So I shall certainly keep them until they are worn out, I'd rather learn the car anyway with less grip.

Associate
My 2016/17MY R came with the PZ4 variant of the PZeros , and yeah they are still pretty bad when there is any wetness on the road. Im pretty sure your Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaag will have the PZ4 on them.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well a bit of slip and drift aint bad eh. Heightens the fun factor.

Yep and is good for learning how the car acts, did same with Mustang, survived a Winter on Pzero and on the Mustang they were pretty lethal in the wet anything under 15c really, when Mustang was on MPSS following Winter they were gripping better than Pzero did in 15c in wet but when it was only 2-3c, Michelin rubber certainly works much better, particular from cold, switches on much easier.

But on the Jaaaaag, they seem fine, its chassis is better and also its DSC systems are much better too, not intrusive which I like and there is even a Track DSC mode too. :)

LzR

LzR

Associate
So your other thread and thought the Mustang was a bit 'meh' (not my thing), just seen this and think the complete opposite, stunning motor.

Enjoy!

OcUK Staff
OP
Lots lighter too. Those wheels are forged and something like 3.5kg lighter! Rears have a seperate smaller caliper for the handbrake to bare in mind too.

Did you mean the wheels are lighter, or the brakes?

Looking on Ebay, the wheels on my car are supposedly forged:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-F-...274795?hash=item3d478aa9ab:g:5qEAAOSwo4pYFQ9S

Here are the wheels that come with ceramics:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-JAGU...F-Type&hash=item3af7f215ba:g:~zYAAOSwEEBaEhZG

No mention of those being forged though, has the seller got it the wrong way round or are both forged and weigh same?

Soldato
Did you mean the wheels are lighter, or the brakes?

Actually i think Im thinking of the F Type R when you spec ceramics and option of forged. I think SVR is forged as standard.

From Website
Weight is the enemy of performance. So we designed F‑TYPE SVR to be as lean as possible. Every gram has a purpose. Its lightweight Titanium and Inconel® exhaust system saves 16kg, while the striking Forged alloy wheels offer a 13.8kg overall weight saving. Each redesigned rear suspension knuckle shaves off 0.6kg compared to conventional knuckles, and the optional 398mm front and 380mm rear carbon ceramic brakes reduce weight by 21kg compared with non‑ceramic alternatives. Every milligram saved gives F‑TYPE SVR more rapid acceleration, more agile handling and sharper braking – for an unforgettable driving experience.

Soldato
Actually i think Im thinking of the F Type R when you spec ceramics and option of forged. I think SVR is forged as standard.

From Website
Weight is the enemy of performance. So we designed F‑TYPE SVR to be as lean as possible. Every gram has a purpose. Its lightweight Titanium and Inconel® exhaust system saves 16kg, while the striking Forged alloy wheels offer a 13.8kg overall weight saving. Each redesigned rear suspension knuckle shaves off 0.6kg compared to conventional knuckles, and the optional 398mm front and 380mm rear carbon ceramic brakes reduce weight by 21kg compared with non‑ceramic alternatives. Every milligram saved gives F‑TYPE SVR more rapid acceleration, more agile handling and sharper braking – for an unforgettable driving experience.

They needed to do it, wonder what it was like to start with as a quick Google is saying 1700kg:eek:.

Back
Top Bottom