1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Gibbo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Gibbo

Commissario

To be honest the year of car is not so important and the earlier 10/11 cars sound better, they had to quieten them down plus the year is less important on a Ferrari, options and mileage outweigh year.

Advantage of 2014 is some service pack remaining, but its done less miles per year, less used and the black car is well know as my mate knows the car well and the Ferrari dealership, so he is having a word with them.
    Going to view yellow on Friday.

I think i shall go for the one that represents the better deal. :)

2. djjuk

Hitman

Just me then but the black looks much better in my eyes. Yes a nightmare to keep clean but when it is it looks fantastic. Not feeling the love for the yellow one. I’d save the £20K personally. That’s a big chunk of cash.

3. Gibbo

Commissario

Yes I would probably take the 20k mate!

My mate said black is better, you want to spruce it up then add some yellow accents or even strips or just wrap the car, though I'd never wrap the full car, too risky.

4. Gibbo

Commissario

I am torn!
    Black when clean it just looked insane, plus the wheels on it are gorgeous, way nicer than any other Ferrari I've seen as they were not available at factory, first owner added them after taking delivery as an accessory option.

Yellow is ace too, crazy loud, Ferrari authentic colour and black roof contrast well, but is it too much and the wheels would have to be changed or painted, but is it worth 20-25k more, maybe if they can knock a load of money off I'd go as far to say that maybe its worth 10k tops, but I need to see it, they send me a video today and its a much paler yellow than the photos showed it to be as they were heavily edited.

5. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

Ok, noted about the year. What about things like DRL and TPS Does the 2011 car have them?

6. Gibbo

Commissario

It has both I believe.
    Ive read 2012 onwards had revised suspension, but then some just say its software and that should be updated by Ferrari.

DRL, no interest, but does have it I think.
    TPS is useful and again I think it had it, had a diagram of car on dash showing tyre temps and engine temp so guessing it must TPS or a sensor to see that.

7. Acme

Caporegime

You could get the black one and get it painted to show standard in any colour under the sun for way under 20K. Unlimited options, whatever your heart desires. Porsche colours, Lambo colours, Rolls Royce colours...

458 in BMW Mora would look sick.

8. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

What would that do to the cars value...........

9. Gibbo

Commissario

Then its worth 50k less! You don't paint cars like this, you de-value massively, its why even wrapping is off the cards unless you can remove it with zero damage before sale its just not worth the risk messing with a 150k car.

10. Blackhawk47

Capodecina

Not a great idea...in fact terrible.

About the yellow vs black argument. I guess you need to think whether in two years time, if you want to move it on will the yellow still be worth £20k more? Or less?

Like the corsa red with cream leather.

11. Acme

Caporegime

True, I didn't really think about that. But it stands to show that a 20k premium for yellow is nuts though.

12. Gibbo

Commissario

Done some more researching, 2012 onwards seemed to get a wealth of updates, gearbox (harsher in race), engine map (quieter) and a lot more sensors for the mag ride suspension to further improve handling and decrease lap times.

So that is good for thought.

13. Simon

Capodecina

It will hold that differential so it’s not really a £20k premium

14. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

15. Gibbo

Commissario

Its nice but I prefer the one at 145k in Leicester, simply as I hate the wheels on that, may sound daft but makes sense to get right wheels as original Lambo wheels don't come cheap.

16. Scania

Capodecina

17. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

Yep fair enough. Personal preference but I love those alloys!

So back at 458 land, it seems the 2014 car could be the one to go for, assuming the numbers are right. .

18. Scania

Capodecina

Black is fantastic, I loved it on my old e38, Cosmos black with the nice speckles in the paint, looked epic when clean but, you seemed to drive a mile and it had a layer of dust on it, used to drive me insane.

I’d never have black again, but, don’t regret the choice on that car!

Total contradiction, I know.

19. kindai

Soldato

Said the exact same thing to him earlier, love black on cars, hate the upkeep.

20. tsinc80697

Sgarrista

Had a black car, never again. Didn’t help that the paint was as soft as cream cheese but it was still a pain to keep it looking shined during summer.

21. Gibbo

Commissario

Just found this:

Been told by owners of 458's who have had pre 2012 and post 2012 that the earlier cars are more an event to drive, more noise and more feel some handling.
    Guess don't worry about lap times, as above videos the early car is incredible and though it was improved those who have owned both some feel older car was better, of course some feel newer car was better.

Gonna drive the 2014 see if I can tell difference. :)