Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

Caporegime
Soldato
**** me that paint is nice, having seen a triple layered Ferrari standing next to a standard paint one it looks miles better. Does that mean the SVR has been part exchanged?

OcUK Staff
OP
**** me that paint is nice, having seen a triple layered Ferrari standing next to a standard paint one it looks miles better. Does that mean the SVR has been part exchanged?

Yes as long as I am happy with car but also option of keeping SVR until end of month to see if it fetches more privately.

Soldato
Yes as long as I am happy with car but also option of keeping SVR until end of month to see if it fetches more privately.

I'll be honest I wouldn't hold out for a decent private offer. I have been monitoring the XK and F type market since the summer and I've seen a couple examples of good F Type R's (I know that the SVR is more special but you get the gist) that have less than 20k miles and all the extras that haven't been sold since being listed in August...

Namely this example https://www.gravelwood.co.uk/used/cars/jaguar/f-type/r-801

Caporegime
Looks epic mate, I certainly wouldn’t worry about the bonnet - I noticed the same thing on my Bosses last summer and thought it looked like it had been bumped at some point, the following day it looked fine so I’m guessing if you don’t close properly it gets a bit out of line.

Are you collecting it from Edinburgh? - I’d highly recommend the drive up especially if you cut across country.

SVR on the way up, 458 on the way back? what a drive! :cool:
Up to Carlisle on the M6 then the A7 from the border all the way upto Galashiels (fantastic road in places) A6091 past Melrose, pick up the A68 upto the A720, go right towards the A1 the off the A1 at the A6095 and your a couple of minutes away from Greypaul.

What a send off for the SVR and what an introduction to the 458. :)

Man of Honour
I so wanted you to get the Lambo @Gibbo, but that is absolutely beautiful and I love it. That colour as well :eek:

Sorry if I've missed it, but do they give any kind of warranty or will you have to buy a third party one?

Don
Liking that.
I'm not - and never have been - that interested in Ferraris. Too obvious for my liking no matter how good they are, but that looks stunning in that colour. It's amazing how much paint can transform the overall aesthetic of a car isn't it?
If it had been my money (and it never will be because I gave up earning big money about 5 years ago) I would have bought the Lambo simply for the drama and total bat-****-crazyness, but I totally get why you've gone for the 458. You lose pretty much nothing on it.

OcUK Staff
OP
I so wanted you to get the Lambo @Gibbo, but that is absolutely beautiful and I love it. That colour as well :eek:

Sorry if I've missed it, but do they give any kind of warranty or will you have to buy a third party one?

2yr warranty underwritten by Ferrari.
Car shall have a major service also he has confirmed bonnet not patched correct.

He is just sorting me service history and sending some other stuff over and then gonna let me know when it’s ready for test drive as it’s got to be checked over by Ferrari first to make sure all is well as they only got car this week.

Once that’s done and major service I’ll go and test drive.

Just test driving a 2012 now! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

So I drove a 2012 Black Nero just, with full leather black nero with yellow contrast and every carbon extra. This was a post 2012 car so had all the updates and I could feel every single one:

Brakes: 2012 more assisted, more confidence inspiring, 2010 car much longer pedal, takes time to re-adjust, very much like a GT3! Post 2012 wins here!
Engine noise: 2012 one was actually civilised and quiet, it really made the car well feel more like a normal car, this was not enjoyed, car felt not as urgent at upper RPM, it just felt smooth, guess they maybe tweaked power curves. Pre 2012 wins here!
Gearbox: Much smoother, maybe placebo but maybe a tad quicker and it was certainly holding positive energy in the post 2012 car, even upshifting whilst pootling along in race mode the car was inertia shifting, both good and bad. In race mode it however was not as harsh when you really gave it some and felt more artificial. I'd rate them even here, but again the pre 2012 software makes the car more an event, because in race mode with lights on dash it felt harsher and just more race car.
Suspension: Post 2012 car makes a bigger difference on bumpy road button, much softer, in short like driving a Mondeo soft, just soaked it all up, it goes from firm to soft, whereas pre 2012 car goes from firm to a touch less firmer. For whatever reason either mag ride updates or the tyres on car (super sports) the car felt a bit nervous to me, I had a lot more confidence in the pre 2012 car, but maybe that is MPSS vs PS4S, the pre 2012 car was on near new PS4S, whereas this post 2012 was on 4-5mm super sports, but saying that my M3 is on 4-5yr old super sports they give huge confidence.

In short 2010/11 car was more of an event to drive and still more than comfy enough in auto/bumpy road mode. The 2012 car felt modernised and if anything less Ferrari, less bespoke, it was still awesome but dare I say this it felt more like Huracan in drive train, too accomplished, too artificial and the handling was a tad nervous.

In short I prefer 2010/11 car for sure.

But seeing another black car really throws a spanner in the works, I seriously cannot get over how bloody amazing they look in black, they are simply things of beauty. All being well I am catching train to Scotland Monday to inspect the red one and if all goes well finalise the deal, but for sure the older model I prefer, it feels more mechanical in its nature and more an event.

Driving a 2014 yellow tomorrow so shall be interesting to see how it compares to 2012 but as far as I know all the updates came in 2012 that impacted how the cars drive, only other update was speed display on both screen in 2011.

Couple of images (uploading):

IMG_9617.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9623.jpg

IMG_9630.jpg
IMG_9633.jpg

This car had nearly all carbon upgrades, rev counter, dash inserts, wheel, paddles, centre tunnel and yellow seatbelts.

If anything the only downside is all leather seats, whereas first black car had the alcantara inserts and more yellow detailing which was nicer, but this one has yellow seat belts, cool feature.

The 2012 is nice because newer, though this did have higher CCM wear, 12% front, 14% rear at the service done around ten miles ago. Car was pretty pristine, only downside I noticed was something was rattling badly from behind dash area which would drive me crazy and no Ferrari warranty. He offered 138k and 63k for mine, I think he'd go lower or at least get Ferrari warranty included at 138k price, but in all fairness I prefer the older black car, nicer wheels, nicer seats, yes less carbon but 2010 more an event to drive, still an epic car!

But black why am I finding black so appealing in Ferrari's, don't do much for me on other cars, but black F430's and F458's I love them, maybe its the cars curvy shape or all the gold flake in the paint.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom