Something went wrong, ordered a Mustang, yet ended up in a British hotrod, I blame OcUK!

Caporegime
I can't imagine buying a used car from a private seller without driving it first. Whilst I can understand why you were reluctant it's difficult not to see the point of the XJ buyer.
After having someone unsuccessfully trying to push me out of my car to try to make off years back I've never had a problem with not letting any prospective buyer drive and had no qualms from them about it either, I do very much get your point though.

Fair play on Gibbo mind, I wouldn't let anyone drive my car uninsured so why would a test drive be any exception to that rule?

Soldato
After having someone unsuccessfully trying to push me out of my car to try to make off years back I've never had a problem with not letting any prospective buyer drive and had no qualms from them about it either, I do very much get your point though.

Fair play on Gibbo mind, I wouldn't let anyone drive my car uninsured so why would a test drive be any exception to that rule?

My original comment was made bearing in mind that the appropriate insurance had been bought for a test drive. I wouldn't let someone test drive my car without insurance.

OcUK Staff
OP
My original comment was made bearing in mind that the appropriate insurance had been bought for a test drive. I wouldn't let someone test drive my car without insurance.

As I say I will but I am not keen on it and if I have the slightest doubt about the person or something don't add up the answer would be no.

Because the reality is there are loads of SVR's at Jaguar dealership across the country, so if you want to do test drive, go drive their cars, then when you know its the car for me and you know what to watch, listen for etc. come and passenger ride in mine.

Soldato
As I say I will but I am not keen on it and if I have the slightest doubt about the person or something don't add up the answer would be no.

Because the reality is there are loads of SVR's at Jaguar dealership across the country, so if you want to do test drive, go drive their cars, then when you know its the car for me and you know what to watch, listen for etc. come and passenger ride in mine.

Yep, agreed, I think the discussion had expanded to test drives in general though.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yep, agreed, I think the discussion had expanded to test drives in general though.

I've got the guy mailing his driving license over, name and address and he will bring full proof of insurance.
We have an appointment with the bank to make the transfer.
He is selling his F-Type today to the trade (V6S).

Also one of the traders he rang for a quote knows me and confirmed he called him trying to sell him his V6S so the guy sounds pretty genuine to me and today I was offered a grand more for the car, but I am doing the right thing, a deal is struct and well stick with it. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Did you get your deposit back on the red 458, @Gibbo?

What's the likely turnaround on getting in the yellow one, providing all goes smoothly tomorrow with the sale?

Yes. :)
Should collect next Wednesday. :)

If SVR does not sell I've now got another 2-3 punters interested, worse case I hand it over to Ferrari, either way nothing will get in the way of my collection unless Ferrari has burnt the car down or something. :eek:

Man of Honour
Yes. :)
Should collect next Wednesday. :)

If SVR does not sell I've now got another 2-3 punters interested, worse case I hand it over to Ferrari, either way nothing will get in the way of my collection unless Ferrari has burnt the car down or something. :eek:

:D:D:D:D:D

Most excited you've been about collecting a car yet?

Man of Honour
I am trying to keep calm, but yes really looking forward to driving it on my own, already got a few mods planned, oooops. :D

I will make a new thread eventually.....

Well I'm extremely jealous :p

Cannot wait to see pictures and I'll definitely be going to the next OcUK car meet :D

Enjoy mate!

OcUK Staff
OP
Capristo? Akrapovic?

:D

I am just gonna valve mod it to begin with, I find it daylight robbery that these brands think they can charge 6-14k for an exhaust which for any other brand would be 1-4k tops, but because Ferrari or Lambo you gotta pay the premium. It sounded pretty good stock and you can disconnect the vacuum so valves are always open, that might be enough for me, at top-end it still had an old school F1 sound to it. :)

Just basic stuff, fit my lithium battery, some titanium bolts if not already fitted and the valve mod, might add a titanium at a later date for sound and more weight savings, but its possible for a 458 to weigh in around 1450kg with said very basic mods.

OcUK Staff
OP
Surely it's much better value to go to a custom exhaust fabricator and get an exhaust made up, than paying ludicrous ferrari tax for an "off the shelf" system?

But then you have no idea how it sounds and I doubt exhaust fabricators have had much experience with 458's. :(

To be honest the stock system sounds incredible, proper F1 like with de-cats, but that is warranty void and will put the cars ECU into cel or limp mode and there is no way I am mapping/tuning a 458, simply no way.
200 cel cats might be an option but again it could trigger the ECU and I'd need permission from Ferrari to do so to keep warranty valid.

Ferrari have authorised only battery and after market exhaust, as its quite common for customers to do and has no implication on cars reliability, but changing cats, manifolds are generally a no and touching the ECU is a big no.

But owners have suggested to just unplug the valves as the stock system sounds pretty good, then if its too loud I can buy a valve controller for around £250 and just have a fob to either close, open or let the ECU control the valves.

OcUK Staff
OP
My first viewer and he purchased, did not even attempt to haggle:

I shall miss this car greatly, apologies for the quality I clearly did it wrong. :D

svrtt.jpg svrt.jpg svrttt.jpg svrtttt.jpg

What a car, not a single issue, 10,000 trouble free miles, incredible performance and fantastic features, particular the remote start and Jaguar apps. :)

Back
Top Bottom