Son excluded from school!

Caporegime
My kids don't lie, they have something to say, they say it,, they want something they ask for it. We've bought them up better than to think that lying will get them what they want. How hard is it for people to believe that kids can be good kids?, its no wonder teens are so misunderstood.

You're a naive parent, I'd love to have you as a father.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17568364 said:
I wonder what the other side to this story is?

why should there be one ? kids scratch each other. no big deal. never snatch or grab at something when you where a nipper ?

the school has over reacted but they have to thesedays.

as for exclusions been taken seriously well thats rubbish. one swear word was enough to get you one at my school

a close mate was even completely expelled from school and is now a teacher himself.

Last edited:
Caporegime
[TW]Fox;17568927 said:
Because like you say, kids scratch each other. To exclude over it suggests there is more.

Indeed. It seems excessive for just a scratch.

Also, to the op - don't go for home schooling. The social aspects of school are as important as the academic aspects.

Soldato
My kids don't lie, they have something to say, they say it,, they want something they ask for it. We've bought them up better than to think that lying will get them what they want. How hard is it for people to believe that kids can be good kids?, its no wonder teens are so misunderstood.

Lol, you really think a a child won't lie just because his parents tell him to?

Soldato
Damn, when did i come under observation?

Okay, my kids are good, well behaved kids

They ain't been in trouble, apart from #1 son flattening the lad that bullied him

They both have got excellent grades

#1 son is such a loser, in between holding down a part time job he is currently working for Trading Standards as well, yeah, suppose he can lie a little...
;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;17568927 said:
Because like you say, kids scratch each other. To exclude over it suggests there is more.

it was probably the kids parents who pushed for the removal of OPs son from class.

it will of been a case of ''well what are you going to do to stop my son getting scratched again?'' the easiest option by far is to just say ''we will send the lad home''

my mum runs a school where all the naughty kids who have been removed from mainstream school get sent. 9 times out of 10 they would get sent home for drawing blood from another student. exclusion is nothing. its the teachers and LEAs easy way out

we can all sit here saying ''in my school a big fight wouldn't even get you sent home'' but 1. did the parents find out ? 2. its not like that anymore.

we could also say how much we enjoyed going out in the ice and snow or playing contact sports . but that doesn't happen anymore either

safety of the kids is deemed more important than anything else in a school thesedays and it is stricter than it was 2/3/5/10 years ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
''it was probably the kids parents who pushed for the removal of OPs son from class. '' I think this is what has happened.
I have no doubt that my son lies on occasion! Problem here is,his story is the same as his head of year who phoned me up to tell me he was excluded!
Kid tried to take his book,he tried to stop them,because they said they were going to rip it up,scratching the kid in the process.
Exclusion!

Last edited:
Soldato
I have no doubt that my son lies on occasion! Problem here is,his story is the same as his head of year who phoned me up to tell me he was excluded!
Kid tried to take his book,he tried to stop them,because they said they were going to rip it up,scratching the kid in the process.
Exclusion!

you need to find out what is happening to the lad who tried to steal your sons book and get the school to make sure that it doesn't happen again. make it clear that you will go higher than them with your complaints if the situation repeats itself.

Soldato
Was thinking the same thing..

Why would anyone got suspended for scratching someone arm.. It took a BIG fight or something ridiculous stupid to get suspended at my secondary school.
High unlikely it would even effect him in the future -- it's not like you have a school record of everything what happens and you give it to employers

but on a serious note, I was bullied a lot at school and they were always good about sorting the pre charvs the "my dads bigger than your dads" type of people; But surprisingly enough there was one occasion where this kid at school kept on hitting me (not hard) when my back was turned. Dunno if it was for jest but it kept on happening everyday and repeatedly asked to stop....so one day I grabbed his hat and ran (really dont know why I didnt just turn around and swing for him but it seemed right at the time) and I got wrong for it :confused: didnt get expelled though just a tongue lashing :)

You called?

rofl :D

Everybody lies.

*snip

house ? :D

Associate
As a teacher, this is very unlikely to be the whole story. Also for the meeting, don't go in all guns blazing, they are very likely to be on the teacher's side so just find out the facts and go from there.

Permabanned

It is not difficult to believe that kids are innately good (some of them anyway), but it is extremely naive of you be under the misconception that your children do not lie to you.

Everyone will lie, stretch the truth, exaggerate or play down the facts to show themselves in a better light, especially children who are in trouble at school or elsewhere.

This is not an attack on your parenting, just a truth that you need to accept. No matter how good you are at teaching them right from wrong they will still lie to you.

OP, This is simple really, you need to calmly go to the school on Friday and ascertain the whole reason behind the exclusion (it will almost certainly be more than simply a scratch issued while arguing over a school book) and then you need to work with the school and your child to root out the underlying reason, be it retaliation for bullying, study pressure or just a peer related problem generally, even parental pressure from the other child's parents on the school will need to be dealt with.

Yourself and those tasked to support you and your child will be able to ensure that this doesn't escalate into something far more serious or do long term damage to your child's social and educational development.

Don't worry, a simple exclusion will not affect your child's schooling, neither will it reflect poorly on his chances after school as long as you deal with the situation correctly now.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;17568927 said:

Teachers don't really care and if the other parent has made a complaint they'll drop anyone for an easy life.

If this is the case the OP will have to fight back or he'll get dumped on.

Soldato
Finally, don't home school, pretty much every person I have met that has been home schooled has been more than a bit odd....

Bull****

My brother's more talented and well educated than I could ever be.
He was home schooled by my father where as I was shoved in a comprehensive and not schooled at all by mother and I'm as thick as pig **** in comparison TBH

Back
Top Bottom