Son excluded from school!

Associate
Home education is alright i suppose but i does have it's downsides. When i started college it became apparent that my social life compared to other people (who went to school) was non-existent. I came out of home education with 0 qualifications, this made my education situaution a little more difficult. So if you were to go down the route i'd consider the social skills aspect. He can get gcse's like a normal student so that's not really a problem.

Soldato
Nope, calm your temper dear. My eldest hit back once, kept it all in for a while but hey. He flattened the bully once, and once only. He got loads of detentions, but...he never got bullied again.

Wow, great, so now he thinks that the best way to deal with problems is to be physically violent? Is that good? Was it successful? What about his record now, who's the bully? The one that's taken the violence to another level? Etc etc

I'm playing devils advocate, of course, but once again, there are many perspectives to a situation and its not all cut and dry.

Now, do you think we can leave it there? Some good advise has been given in the thread, op will either take it or leave it, end of?

Soldato
OP
I think its extremely odd for him to be excluded for a 'minor incident',but that is what appears to have happened! He turned down a place at a grammar school to go to this school,as he liked the place so much.
As for all the 'there must be more to it' responses,we shall see on Friday,but I believe my son much more than the new supply teacher who was in charge when it happened!
As said,the exclusion can not be overturned.The best we can hope for is a note from the governors in his record.We WILL take it that far.

Soldato
Wow, great, so now he thinks that the best way to deal with problems is to be physically violent? Is that good? Was it successful? What about his record now, who's the bully? The one that's taken the violence to another level? Etc etc

I'm playing devils advocate, of course, but once again, there are many perspectives to a situation and its not all cut and dry.

Now, do you think we can leave it there? Some good advise has been given in the thread, op will either take it or leave it, end of?

That was a couple of years ago, never got bullied again, got very good grades in his gcses when he left this year thank you. But ffs can we please just get back on topic here...

Soldato
I think its extremely odd for him to be excluded for a 'minor incident',but that is what appears to have happened! He turned down a place at a grammar school to go to this school,as he liked the place so much.
As for all the 'there must be more to it' responses,we shall see on Friday,but I believe my son much more than the new supply teacher who was in charge when it happened!
As said,the exclusion can not be overturned.The best we can hope for is a note from the governors in his record.We WILL take it that far.

No point in getting a note from governors, will not affect anything. Also, the head will have to agree to an exclusion, so the supply will not be responsible.

It may be a case of the straw that broke the camels back, wait until you now more, and then more advice can be given. :)

RDM

RDM

Soldato

Just make sure you don't go off half cocked, it is still quite possible that there is more to it than you know and that your son may not be telling the whole truth.

Soldato
Some people would say he is one :)

I don't see what changing nappies has to do with knowing kids lie - unless you're telling us you, as a parent, can tell?

Because that's rubbish.

My kids don't lie, they have something to say, they say it,, they want something they ask for it. We've bought them up better than to think that lying will get them what they want. How hard is it for people to believe that kids can be good kids?, its no wonder teens are so misunderstood.

Soldato
OP
Just make sure you don't go off half cocked, it is still quite possible that there is more to it than you know and that your son may not be telling the whole truth.

True,hopefully we will know the reason on Friday at the meeting.Seems more than a bit harsh for a first 'offense'.We have never been contacted by the school about his behaviour,and he always gets glowing reports off all his teachers.Just really disappointed right now.He's gutted. :(

RDM

RDM

Soldato
My kids don't lie, they have something to say, they say it,, they want something they ask for it. We've bought them up better than to think that lying will get them what they want. How hard is it for people to believe that kids can be good kids?, its no wonder teens are so misunderstood.

Because even good kids, on occassion, lie to their parents?

Soldato
Exclusion is taken very seriously by schools and is a last resort.

I was excluded for a day because someone stole a memory stick with everyones school records on (some really dodgy stuff was on there), and he sent me a copy. I then sent someone else their entry, which is what got me in trouble ._.

They seriously went crazy. To be honest, I don't think they should have left such data lying around unencrypted on excel spreadsheets in the first place :p Now that I'm older I actually think they were just trying to cover themselves to be honest.

Last edited:
Soldato
See what they say. If it is a first offence then it sounds harsh if it is not then they should have contacted you about any other incidents.

Back
Top Bottom