South Yorkshire Police Thought Crimes

Soldato
Thought crime? Time to improve your comprehension skills.

Unless racism is now a thought crime? Is racism even an issue? Never hurt anyone etc? Just words? Made up by liberals?

Soldato
I'm guessing people who are ok with racism have never experienced it themselves? (more than just a single racist comment).

If so, do you also accept people making non-racist but aggressive/threatening remarks to you? Your family?

Soldato
Thought crime? Time to improve your comprehension skills.

Unless racism is now a thought crime? Is racism even an issue? Never hurt anyone etc? Just words? Made up by liberals?
Racism is an actual crime. In the tweet it shows asking people to report non crimes as well. Like if someone at the pub calls you a s-n-o-wflake mcsnowface

Soldato
The replies to that tweet are fantastic. Something tells me SYP are sat with their fingers in their ears now just going 'la la la'. What a pack of absolute clowns.

haha yea, Wiltshire police tried this last year, they got annihilated in the comments, I wonder if they tried arresting any other them. I doubt it, considering the sheer volume of abuse they received.

I also love how they conflate things you don't have a choice with. Race or disability for example, with something you chose to follow, like a fatuous religion.

I'm guessing people who are ok with racism have never experienced it themselves? (more than just a single racist comment).

If so, do you also accept people making non-racist but aggressive/threatening remarks to you? Your family?

You're missing the point, why should people having their feelings hurt be a crime?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Please stop using 1984 as the ultimate benchmark for your worldview, it's a **** book and made even poopier by people constantly point towards it.

Caporegime
If it isn't a crime, then they can't do much but i suppose keep an eye on that person?

Could this be a way to find who in society could have extreme beliefs or is it just a way to tackle a newer form of bullying/harassment that they don't really understand?
I imagine it ticks a box, somewhere. An edict may have come down from upper management, and as with most such edicts it's probably some vague objective that nobody quite understands, and nobody asked for.

Isn't that what management do?

Soldato
No idea what your point is.
you assumed women would be abused, men need to be equally abused as well
Please stop using 1984 as the ultimate benchmark for your worldview, it's a **** book and made even poopier by people constantly point towards it.
Its one of the greatest books ever. Your opinion is wrong. But if you find it offensive you could always report the over usage of 1984 to the SYPD and I'm sure they would be happy to ban it.

Soldato
Its one of the greatest books ever. Your opinion is wrong. But if you find it offensive you could always report the over usage of 1984 to the SYPD and I'm sure they would be happy to ban it.

Or stick it down memory hole or give it to Syme to do an 11th Edition to cut it down into more simple words

Soldato
Well teach your kids properly then and don't expose them to all this. Who are 'they' though, us vs them and all that. People come and go so who are you/I/we really fighting against, is it one person, a handful of people, a larger group of people etc.

I can barely remember the world before all this PC. I was never really in the mainstream and am even further away from it now but it still can affect you from time to time.

Soldato
It feels like they’re asking for more bother than it’s worth...

I keep hearing about how the budget for the police is terrible and they need more money, but I know I’d rather see them attack more dangerous and physical crimes than just words.

What happened to “stick and stones, may break my bones, but words can never hurt me”?

Don’t get me wrong - hate crimes and the such are awful and should be treated as such, but with tweets like these, I wonder if they’re opening the flood gates to minor nuisances rather than actual crimes.

Caporegime
It feels like they’re asking for more bother than it’s worth...

I keep hearing about how the budget for the police is terrible and they need more money, but I know I’d rather see them attack more dangerous and physical crimes than just words.

What happened to “stick and stones, may break my bones, but words can never hurt me”?

Flakes of snow and sjws.

Soldato
[QUOTE="Johno please?, post: 32108825, member: 38270"

You're missing the point, why should people having their feelings hurt be a crime?[/QUOTE]

Surely you are missing the point? The tweets in the OP clearly state that they are non-crimes.

Unless you condone racism how can trying to reduce racist comments be a bad thing?

I might not like fat people but why can't someone (be it police or a friend) ask me to stop calling fat people 'fat ****s' to their face, online or by mail?

Caporegime
you assumed women would be abused, men need to be equally abused as well

No it's literally trash, it's practically the bible or /r/T_D and 4chan at this point.

Soldato
ASBOs work well for this kind of thing in real life. (Here's a real peach :D.)

Do we need an online equivalent, or should the internet be a safe space for antisocial types?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom