Spec me a Barbecue

Soldato
Brazilian BBQ for 10 people:

20 bricks + Grill :D
charcoal
bread + lighter fluid (to light the charcoal)
Hairdrier to speed up the process

Salt
Bread
3Kg of Brazilian Picanha (Top side rump steak)
1Kg of Porc Sausage
1Kg of Spicy Porc Sausage
1Kg of Chicken wings (for the girls :p)
120 cans of beer

Please don't forget about the SUN :D

Soldato

Haha

I need to order me some proper wood for this beast!

Ordering my electronic components to do the Pi temp controller as well today when I get a second! :)

Don't hotlink images - Rilot

Last edited:
Soldato
I got it on German eBay for 299 euros delivered, which, even if it's thin metal (sure it will be, not a cast iron beast) it's still worth it! Should be fun.

Oh, and this kinda goes here too:

71259b86d97a11e29b7022000a1fbd93_7.jpg

The best combo...

I also currently have ribs and pork joint on the BBQ for tonight. Bliss

Tea Drinker
Don
Right I timed my charcoal chimney

One nr lighting block
Chimney nearly full of lump wood charcoal

And we're off

12 minutes till I could tip it out and put the grill on probably a couple more to heat the grill up

I'm going to film it next

Tea Drinker
Don
I use local coppice lump wood charcoal which is very very light, you could almost light it off a lighter alone.

Top coals were red but not white, I'd imagine compressed waste sorry briquettes would take longer

Tea Drinker
Don
Mine come from 8 miles from my house, from a managed coppice wood in heavy paper bags and sewn with string by an old guy who uses a kiln and a lighter.

Briquettes are industrially made from sawdust and starch or mined coal, the last pack of briquettes I looked at came from Korea in a paper / plastic bag with loads of coloured print on it.

There really is no need for imported briquettes what so ever when we have plenty of managed woodlands here in the UK and your hard earned money would not go abroad.

Small fry in the scale of things but it works for me :)

Man of Honour
Mine come from 8 miles from my house, from a managed coppice wood in heavy paper bags and sewn with string by an old guy who uses a kiln and a lighter.

Briquettes are industrially made from sawdust and starch or mined coal, the last pack of briquettes I looked at came from Korea in a paper / plastic bag with loads of coloured print on it.

There really is no need for imported briquettes what so ever when we have plenty of managed woodlands here in the UK and your hard earned money would not go abroad.

Small fry in the scale of things but it works for me :)

Sounds great (once again in a very hippy way:p). I've nothing against lump wood, especially for certain situations (i.e. grilling) but when you're smoking for 10 hours I would imagine that the annoyance would quickly outweigh any perceived benefit :)

Back
Top Bottom