Spec me a Barbecue

Replaced mine with the 57" deluxe model...

img20130609152316.jpg

See look here comes the gas boys convincing themselves their outdoor oven is better :p

To be fair, he did say that smoke was better but he enjoyed the convenience :)

I can see the appeal of having a gas BBQ but I think I'd only do that once I had so many awesome smoker units that there's no way I could justify getting another ;)

I have a gas BBQ as well as a kettle BBQ.
Like D.P., I find it convenient when I'm short of time or if I only want to cook 1 item. If I'm only doing a pork chop for my tea, I'm not going to go through the hassle of spending half an hour to light a BBQ to cook 1 chop for 5 minutes and then clean the damn thing for 20 minutes. I do prefer the taste from a charcoal BBQ but the gas is better than a frying pan so it's a compromise.

10 minutes with a charcooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll chimeneeeeeeeeey

I have one. It takes longer than 10 minutes (although I may have exaggerated about the half hour bit :p).

do what? clean a BBQ are you mad :confused:

I may have exaggerated here too :o It does get a quick wipe and the ash emptied out.

Regardless of my exaggerated estimates, it's still a lot more convenient to use gas for a single item than charcoal.

Just found out from a colleague at work that another person that works here (he is off today) is REALLY into his barbecue and I quote "Brock is really into is Barbecue, he has one that cost him like three to four grand."

(£3k barbecue ?!!?!)

Brock is Australian.

At which point I actually laughed ! (and then felt bad for sterotyping) but looking forward to asking him all about it when he comes in on Thursday.

Last edited:
Just found out from a colleague at work that another person that works here (he is off today) is REALLY into his barbecue and I quote "Brock is really into is Barbecue, he has one that cost him like three to four grand."

(£3k barbecue ?!!?!)

Brock is Australian.

At which point I actually laughed ! (and then he feel bad for sterotyping) but looking forward to asking him all about it when he comes in on Thursday.

I saw some of the ones they had at grillstock that were around a grand and they were pretty insane. The ones with a PID to control the BBQ temperature were particularly impressive :)

Then of course there were the ones that are basically giant trailers. Big enough to fit several 57cm webber BBQs inside for that BBQ-in-BBQ goodness.

I want a big green egg.

http://www.biggreenegg.co.uk/

I'd still have my big ass proper BBQs, but this thing is a dream. You can get other "makes" like this, but regardless. Love them. Stable temps for hours!

Oh, and I'm buying a BBQ today, I've found it, but missed the last one (eBay) I'll not miss the next, mind.

Those BBQ do look awesome. Rather expensive though :)

I've been looking at PID modding BBQs a little recently. Could be a fun little project.

Back
Top Bottom