Spec me a car to use as a parking space holder

Soldato
I blame planning rules. LA's nowadays operate on planning guidelines that specifically restrict the provision of parking spaces on new builds. It always causes problems in the end. It is s shame planning departments cant be charged with "Behaviour likley to cause a breach of the peace" which willful underprovison of parking spaces certainly is!

:p

Soldato
So you're going to buy, insure and tax another car; then each time you come home, get out of your car, move the new car somewhere else, get back in your own car and park in the spot you've saved? Then presumably reverse the situation every time you leave to go somewhere.

And you think it's your neighbours that will get irritated with this?

Man of Honour
All that will happen is a neighbour will wait for you to arrive home and move the shed and then dive into the space before you do.

Soldato
I had parking issues. It was no fun every night after a 12 hour shift to come back and wonder if I was going to get parked.... It might seem like a small thing but, over time (10 years), it can affect your stress levels... I moved house to one with a driveway and I have mellowed right out :)

Sgarrista
Commissario
I suggest full nuclear option, buy 2 cars and park them both outside their house. Park yours elsewhere in the meantime, but have the satisfaction of everytime you walk home, your 2 bangers will be driving them absolutely insane.

Soldato
It's a tricky one.

While I don't think this is a great idea, if only because it's impractical, I do have sympathy with the OP. Until you've lived with this kind of thing for a while you have no idea how much it winds you up.

It's even worse when you've tried to be reasonable and talk to the neighbours only for them to completely refuse to be in any way reasonable in return.

Soldato
I think buying an old car you are happy to bump up the curb and park on the verge is a great idea. I'd definitely do that... then sell the A5. Problem solved.

I blame planning rules. LA's nowadays operate on planning guidelines that specifically restrict the provision of parking spaces on new builds. It always causes problems in the end. It is s shame planning departments cant be charged with "Behaviour likley to cause a breach of the peace" which willful underprovison of parking spaces certainly is!

:p

This is so true. Currently looking to buy a new house and we are specifically looking at non-estate properties because even the new ones (especially the new ones if I'm honest) still only work if every house is either a one car household or uses the garage to park their second car. Neither of which is likely.

I'm just as bad, only me and my wife and we have three cars! I do park them all on my drive though, despite it meaning a three car shuffle every time I want to take my MX5 for a spin.

Caporegime
I'm just as bad, only me and my wife and we have three cars! I do park them all on my drive though, despite it meaning a three car shuffle every time I want to take my MX5 for a spin.

Exactly that situation here, need to move at least one car to get the MX5 out at the moment. Really need to move to somewhere with a detached garage and a big enough drive for a number of cars plus visitors.

Man of Honour
COWF0mN.jpg
I can best that my car is parked roughly where that silver car is half showing, the guy that lives in the house with the red dot has just been round to complain his daughters can't reverse into the drive without clipping the gate. I recommended some driving lessons and shut the door.

Soldato
hmm long shot .. if anyone of your family are disabled say there living with you and have white lines painted outside .. or pay someone to paint said lines ..
buy a second hand old bus single decker park it outside there house paint this is my spot on it they will soon get the message ...there cheap enough
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-Dennis-Dart-SLF/113464594739?hash=item1a6b045133:g:CfoAAOSwztVcGTqs
£121 tax 6 months :)

Unfortunately disabled spaces outside private residences are merely advisory and not enforceable.

Back
Top Bottom