Spec me a car to use as a parking space holder

Associate
https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/van-for-saie/1323600586
$_86.JPG

Soldato
OP
I'd focus on moving house to one with a driveway. You are right that 4 cars with no drive is taking the pee and personally I think there should be a household limit on the number of vehicles that can be stored on the street, but it would be a nightmare to enforce. The public highway is not intended to be there for personal storage space.

I moved a few months ago and a neighbour started parking in one of my spaces. As it is my land I politely brought it up and the issue was resolved as he did not know. If he was parking in an area I do not own then I have no say in the matter unless access to my land is being blocked.

Nobody has 'dibs' on on-street parking outside their own house. I'd definitely check online that all their cars are taxed though as it is a 5 minute job and if any are untaxed then they can be reported.

Soldato
ive seen them for as little as £1500, I would seriously LOL my breasts off if the OP posted up a pic of an actual BUS outside his house, all taxed and insured.

I agree, that would be amusing. My old man was a bus driver on PMT for 35 years, and he's turned up at our house, in a small side street, on more than a few occasions in a bloody huge double decker to grab some snappin or a brew - on occasions he even had a bemused passenger or two aboard too. :D

Of course, this was quite some time ago. In fact it was just after they'd stopped using conductors and switched to a driver operated Setright machine.

Soldato
I live on a street with about 14 houses, only 4 of which (1 being mine) have driveways and about half being 2 car households. The road is only just wide enough for 2 cars to fit down so parking on 1 side only.

My neighbours on each side regularly park so that they are literally in line with either side of my driveway which makes it a mission to reverse on, front wheel has to mount the opposite pavement to get the angle. I'm considering taking out part of the front garden hedge and putting in a second dropped kerb and driveway which would really mess things up for one of the neighbours (who parks in front of my house every day) but when/if I become a two car household I think it's only fair whoever lives here gets to park on the drive rather than some distance away.

Soldato
Where I work we used to have 2 car parks, then the lease ran out on one of them while we were being taken over and it couldn't be renewed for legal reasons.

For a short periodn a lot of our staff had to park anywhere they could look in the local area, there's roughly 800 employees on site.

The locals were not happy

It's the music that cracks me up.

Soldato
Music maybe kak, some of the statements are also pretty lame like the blind bend and having to slow down, welcome to the current day and age but some of the parking there would definitely boil my urine if I lived there, no consideration given at all for the people who live there and pedestrians.

Caporegime
4 cars and no driveway? I suppose they're within their rights if the on street parking is unallocated, but it's taking the pee a little. Are you allowed to park on the grass verge?

Ha I wish my neighbour only had 4 cars.

Guy - has 4+ work vans, Lexus jeep, 6 series and a Toyota supra.
Woman - clubman
3 kids - car each

That is 10 without guests and they regularly have guests.

Best part is he has enough space to park 3 cars on driveway and space to extend driveway to allow for 5 cars and you are lucky if there is 1 of them parked on there, well there is now that he's bought the supra. He's bought it put it on his driveway then put a cover on it. 6 series again is lucky to be used once a month.

I have now realised he uses the large works van not to do any work but store his motorbikes and transport them back and forth to a track they are the off road kind. He then uses the Lexus jeep as a back up works van now and is his daily. So the largest van is always parked on the street as it's no longer used for business but storing motorbikes.

I think either staff get dropped off at his house or he picks them up I don't think his business has an actual premises as all they do is fit cctv and alarms so no need to have an actual premises. All their work is done at clients houses.

Caporegime
Sounds a lot of chew to pee off a neighbour. Technically it is street parking so they're not your spots. Why not just park over their house to make a point?

Send them all glitter bonbs

I had another neighbour park in one of the on street parking spots which is constantly taken up by Mr 10 vehicles and he double parked in front of him blocking him in as if it was his spot.

He now has cctv from his house looking directly at the spots too to protect his fleet.

Caporegime
I suggest full nuclear option, buy 2 cars and park them both outside their house. Park yours elsewhere in the meantime, but have the satisfaction of everytime you walk home, your 2 bangers will be driving them absolutely insane.

I like this suggestion

If he buys old cheap small diesels they will only be like £20 A year road tax.

If he is never going to move them then he can insure them just for third party, 1k miles a year, etc which will cost buttons.

Caporegime
Because its opposite a junction so would he would be wrong to park in front of his drive.
The car that's sort of blocked him in is parked illegally.
Pretty sure he is not that bothered but them parking behind him like that is a bum move

Can you show me the law which states parking on a junction is illegal?

Mr 10 cars does this all the time

Back
Top Bottom