Spec me a CCTV System

Diggsy, what drive did you get? I have the 2TB version which I want to upgrade also maybe the fan inside too (or maybe its the HDD)
Seagate Skyhawk 4TB. Installation was a breeze and it’s no noisier than the drive that was in there, in fact if anything it’s a little quieter - to my ears anyway!

Thankfully there’s no fan in my NVR, one of the main reasons I went for the 8 channel one, as I know the 16 channel has a fan.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input @Diggsy . I held off after reading some comments that it wasn't great with non-Reolink gear. I think I might do a dedicated BlueIris box after all that...
No worries at all. Hopefully you find something that works well for you. The Reolink has been ideal for my needs, although I guess having cams and NVR all from Reolink probably helps

Seagate Skyhawk 4TB. Installation was a breeze and it’s no noisier than the drive that was in there, in fact if anything it’s a little quieter - to my ears anyway!

Thankfully there’s no fan in my NVR, one of the main reasons I went for the 8 channel one, as I know the 16 channel has a fan.

Yep I have the same one, I might get one around black Friday see if there will be any "deals" on the 8-12TB WD or Seatgates.

Hi everyone

The wife wants a ring doorbell but also wants to pay the yearly subscription for online recordings. Though I personally can't justify the price when I have told her we can buy a doorbell with our own recorder and I explained the reolink NVR to her.

Though I don't want it hardwired so would prefer the Wi-Fi version

Reolink Video Doorbell WiFi - Smart 2K+ Plug-in Wi-Fi Doorbell with Chime | Reolink Official

Smart 2K+ 5MP Wi-Fi doorbell camera with clear night vision, person & package detection, easy installation, two-way audio, 24/7 recording, and waterproof rating.
m.reolink.com
m.reolink.com

I was thinking of getting that and purchasing the 8 channel NVR. Does anyone on here actually have this combination and does it work perfectly fine.

I have just read you can also use a Synology NAS with surveillance station. I have an old DS412+ collecting dust so might give this a try before purchasing the NVR.

Many thanks for any help and advice

Back
Top Bottom