Spec me a CCTV System

Soldato
Does anyone have any idea on how to manually add an ipv6 address to an DS-7608NI-E2?

The only way I can get a routable address on there is via DHCP which I do not want to do, my cameras on the other hand allow manual entry no problem!!

What gives!! :)

Do you mean add the address of an IPv6 cam to your NVR or set your NVR with an IPv6 address?

If it's a cam, just choose manual instead of Plug and Play and enter the IPv6 address.

If it's to assign your NVR with an IPv6 address then if I remember on my DS-7616NI-K2 / 16P you give it an IPv4 address and it will automatically set an IPv6 address for you but it will be greyed out. This means you can access your NVR remotely via the IPv4 or IPv6 address.

Caporegime
Any external cable :)

Re who asked about the new IR:

eGJGlTwh.jpg

I think I'll be visiting this installation in the next couple of weeks and I'll be able to get some night time snaps of what to expect :)

yeah i've never bought cable before so i'm just wondering where to get it. ebay will be the cheapest but also dubious quality or even fake.

amazon would usually be my go to. however i'm wondering if there was possibly an IT wholesaler that would do it for a lot cheaper? also how much do you reckon I would need in a 3 bed detached home. it's got an attached garage which is built on top of so it's larger than your average 3 bed detached with box sized bedrooms. i'd be looking at wiring up at least 4-6 cameras. i'd also like to wire up the internet so it's wired in every room.

my thinking was 150-200M of cable so don't want to get ripped off when buying it.

Soldato
Any external cable :)

Re who asked about the new IR:

eGJGlTwh.jpg

I think I'll be visiting this installation in the next couple of weeks and I'll be able to get some night time snaps of what to expect :)
That was me... Seems to have very few emitters? Keen to see the footage when you visit!

Soldato
looking for some cheapish IP camera's for indoor use, will be using them with ISPY.
Sricam IP Camera 720p that supports onvif are available for approx £25, so might get one of them to try at first.
would also like to be able to turn the IR LEDS off

cheers

Soldato
Whats the easiest way to view CCTV on any/all of my TV's around the house. So if some rings the doorbell I can just flick the TV over and check.

I#m running a synology NAS. The house is networked but the TV's are getting on a bit, Pioneer Kuro's

Soldato
HDMI splitter. HDMI feed to each TV.

Yup! Combine that with HDMI over Cat5e (which I am fairly sure exists) and you'll be good to go!

HDMI over Ethernet. The house is rigged with Cat6 so all good. But can that be connected on the same network as the rest of the house ie. Going through the switch etc.

Each tv point has 2 Cat6 points, 1 for smart TV 1 just in case I wanted to do HDMI over ethernet. Plus it I need more I can also add a switch.

Soldato
I've ordered the following

1 x Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P
1 x Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I 4 mm
2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I 2.8 mm
1 x Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I 4 mm
1 x Hikvision DS-2DE4A220IW-DE

May need some help setting it up when they arrive. In fact I have a question already. Will the cameras need to be in the same IP range as the rest of my home network? What should my first steps be?

Thanks

Soldato
That NVR is plug and play. Plug a camera into port 1, and it will show as Camera 1 - You can also manually configure if you like. This will set a separate IP range for the internal LAN (switch). Set the other LAN to match your home network. If you want to be able to access the cameras from a browser, then you'll need to turn on "virtual host" on the NVR. That will give you a link on the NVR's camera config page for each camera.

The easiest thing to do is hook the NVR up to a monitor (HDMI or VGA) and go through the setup wizard. That will set the admin password, set the time zone, set all cameras to motion or continuous, set your IP address (or turn on DHCP). Then just plug in your cameras and wait for them to boot up. Job done, unless you want to get fancy.

Soldato
Sounds easy enough, thanks very much.

The current system has a small old TV, think we will replace it with a 24" 1080p monitor, it will actually take up less room due to the smaller bezel.

Will the NVR also be able to update itself via the internet and update the firmware on the cameras?

Back
Top Bottom