Spec me a dehumidifier please?

I saw what appeared to be a good deal on a Daewoo 12l dehumidifier, but the manual only states the max extraction rate at 30c 80% RH. I think manufacturers should list the performance at a realistic indoor temperature or performance at half 6l extraction, and so on, so the consumer can buy with efficiency in mind. All the extraction rates on dehumidifiers I have looked at have declined in performance more rapidly then the Meaco Arete.
Meaco do it at 10c and 20c, and 50, 60, 80% humidity. So I think the decent brands do, cheaper ones try to make it there as good for half the price.

My arete 20l is quite a noisy hum when the compressor is on - makes the 12l sound nearly silent
I have recently purchased a ProBreeze 20L unit and am very surprised at how much louder it is than my 10 year old Inventor 12L unit. It's not necessarily just the compressor, but also the fan on it's lowest speed is still very high. It collects way more water, but it would be nice if it was quieter. Trying to do research online into finding a quieter unit and there's just no concrete info or testing done on these things. It's very frustrating. I'm tempted to send the ProBreeze back, but if I get another brand and it's just as loud, then I might as well keep what I have. It seems there is no manufacturer that puts any kind of sound deadening or anything inside these things.

Back
Top Bottom