Spec me a rice cooker

Caporegime
Holloway?

Taiwan obvs.

Are rice cookers actually worth it though? All I do is cook rice and drain it when its done...I have a feeling im going to get lynched for doing it this way but the rice is always fine? I cant physically eat the rice in the microwaveable packs so if a rice cooker is a game changer i might have to invest.

What you are doing is like comparing boiled potatoes vs roast potatoes. They are both potatoes but completely different in terms of texture.

Last edited:
Commissario
Only discovered (after flicking through the manual) today that the Panda has a condensation trap on the back that needs to be emptied.

It was full. Oops.

I emptied it, cooked rice this evening and it was half full again.

Caporegime
Only discovered (after flicking through the manual) today that the Panda has a condensation trap on the back that needs to be emptied.

It was full. Oops.

I emptied it, cooked rice this evening and it was half full again.

Haha, yes, some are on the side which you can see, mine is on the lid. Some are removable, mine isn't....just opened a lid then put in a towel to soak it up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mine is here.

u7z7lzy.jpg

Caporegime
I thought the top filter things were just to let excess moisture escape.

My Bamboo cooker has a reservoir thing on the back, It's designed too catch all the condensation that runs off the lid whenever it's opened.

Once you've had a rice cooker I guess there's no going without one again.
sometimes when I switch grains/rice brands I have to slightly adjust the water level from the guide to get it spot on though.

Couldn't do without mine and would definitely get one of the more expensive ones again

Last edited:
Caporegime
I thought the top filter things were just to let excess moisture escape.

My Bamboo cooker has a reservoir thing on the back, It's designed too catch all the condensation that runs off the lid whenever it's opened.

It does both. Water condensation and also when you open the lid it both goes there. In mine, if it’s not used frequently, it will just evaporate by itself but I like to give it a wipe every time after.

The larger ones has the catch at the hinge, snaps on and off. Smaller surface area and takes longer to evaporate.

Commissario
The little catch tray at the back of the Panda fills up after a couple of cooks, I’ve already got into the habit of emptying it when it’s cooled down after using it.

Soldato
Soldato
In mine, if it’s not used frequently, it will just evaporate by itself but I like to give it a wipe every time after.

The larger ones has the catch at the hinge, snaps on and off. Smaller surface area and takes longer to evaporate.
That must be it......haven't ever touched it. First discovered post this thread lol.

Caporegime
It didn’t work. It made the kitchen smell of curry while it was cooking and the rice had a nice tint but it didn’t really change the flavour of the rice.

You need a lot more than some powder, like salt, garlic powder, cumin, all sorts. By that time you might as well make a curry sauce which is far easier because you can taste as you go.

The easiest thing is to replace the water with a stock, like a chicken stock. Same amount of liquid.

Back
Top Bottom