Spec me an LED Torch

I thought it was anything that can be discussed in the forums? It is a visual piece of hardware after all and can be used for photographic purposes! Hence under the audio/visual MM section :p

Update, Intl outdoor store has emailed me back to my question about the missing SOS mode, they said:

Hi, Robbie Khan:

Please be advised that SHADOW have removed the "SOS" function on
all their lights due to the government restriction recently.

We've just updated the website information
Modes
3 Modes (High>Medium>Low)
4 Modes (High>Medium>Low>Strobe)

Sorry for the late updating and inconvenience.

Regards!
Hank

So that explains that!

Edit*

Here are some close up detail shots of the VG-10. I searched online but the pics available didn't really get really close enough. I actually prefer the fit and finish of this compared to the BC40 now. the BC40 is excellent but a bit too smooth and clean, the VG-10 has sharp, military folds and the colour adds to the niceness.

VG10_detail-1.jpg

VG10_detail-2.jpg

VG10_detail-3.jpg

VG10_detail-4.jpg

VG10_detail-5.jpg

VG10_detail-6.jpg

VG10_detail-7.jpg

VG10_detail-8.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like the idea of the low voltage indicator. I assume that when the red light comes on the cell has drained to the point it needs to be recharged and not below? That would be very useful.

Shame the turbo mode only stays on for 5 mins, then it drops down to 280lumens.

Similar price to the Fenix TK21 I have on my wish list...

Just get a decent brand and you cant go far wrong. Don't get cheapo ones as they can leak, I found that out the hard way.

That light doesn't sound very bright at 30 lumens though.

Can you recommend anything better? It's for army phase one so needs a red light on it also that is best to be able to turn on first before any white light. Budget around £40.

Energizer Ultimate Lithium if you want to splash out. They have the longest shelf-life (15 years) by far, and the most capacity by a respectable amount.

That's great thanks.

new addition:

TWP_5539.jpg

TWP_5530.jpg

Really nicely made bit of kit :) It's a teeny bit brighter than the L2P with XM-L dropin, but the quality of the actual beam is a lot better, more consistency.

Looks good Tom ;)

Had to send my Sunwayman Tomahawk back as it was faulty and didn't have a OP reflector as was stated so will get another one when they do have OP reflectors fitted.

Since it's getting darker at night now I'm going to need a new torch. Can someone recommend me one? Will primarily be used for going through the tracks and fields leading horses at night, so something with a wider beam would be more preferable than one that turns everything in front of me pure white with light. I definitely need one that can take rechargeables whether that's standard ni-mh or those dodgy lithium cells.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom