Spec me an LED Torch

No idea i offloaded it within 24 hours of getting it.

No good, or just bought for someone else?

Slightly OT, but regarding the mine exploring. Are these typically open places or a bit of sneaking around?
Always fancied properly exploring some of the old Welsh mines.
Same thing goes for the urban exploring. Fascinating sites around but I guess most involves avoiding detection?

Most of the mines or quarries are under conservation so all is good. They're safe to explore as long as you know where the openings are and many are quite small so epic amounts of crawling through tiny holes and passages are required for some.

In the first pic we were walking looking for 2 hours before coming across a bunch of abseil people who knew the location and one of them showed us. Inside there is no phone reception and you must have a magnetic compass to know what direction you're going as many sprawl for miles! Local pubs or cave teams have maps you can buy or borrow and they come in handy too when inside when used with the compass.

What urbex sites have you seen btw? Slightly different with those but again, nothing illegal about exploring them.

Here is my Shadow VG-10 in action in a pitch black mine:
We spent about 3-4 hours down there and I use it at max for about an hour I'd say maybe a bit longer then the rest of the time on medium. After an hour or so on max it begins to blink on and off, I guess to indicate that the battery is not juiced enough so drop it into medium and it will soldier on normally. The blinking is not described anywhere in the item description though so was a bit confused at first.

We need more real world in use shots in this here thread!

Edit*
One of the explorers with us that day had a tri-XM-L Sky Ray type torch but it was WAY longer and bigger, it was +2000 lumens and she said she could get over an hour on max brightness out of it. It was so big she had a shoulder strap for it...I was impressed!

Looks like great fun exploring mines and caves but have you not watched the Decent? :eek::p.

The early warning sign of any monsters lurking will be your torch suddenly flickering then going off, to which you will slap it a few times and it will miraculously turn back on, then die completely :D.

Eneloop seems to be the go to battery recommendation for non LiOn cells- Someone will be along shortly to go "OI! NO!" if that's wrong though :p

Itchy finger over that TM11, no no no NOPE! I can't buy another light!...

EDIT*
Now that I've seen the price.....

..... :(

Edit2*
Although I can get it on sale for £124...Hmm

Last edited:
The Zebra doesn't look as cool though and the power button doesn't have a glowing halo. A GLOWING HALO!

:p

£124 I can handle, the RRP of £245 though was what made my eyes water when I saw it.

But the question is, what do I do with the other lights as they'd effectively become defunct with the TM11 in use! I'd perhaps keep the L2 though because it has the lower power low mode which is useful and the belt clip.

I only just bought the VG-10 recently too!

Sell em, i only ever keep a maximum of 3 lights and when i want something new i just offload one of the others.

At the moment i have my Thrunite TN30, Nitecore TM11 and a Zebralight SC600.

Back
Top Bottom