Spec me an LED Torch

I've been feeling the Itch for quite some time now for some new flashlights. All the lights I have at the moment are either dedicated-purpose lights, like my desk-flashlight at work or my Loaner/Beater light, or are quite high-end lights (Like my Surefire C2 w/Custom LED dropin or my 4Sevens Maelstrom G5) which I don't like damaging.

The solution? CHINALIGHTS!

I was very very impressed with my Shadow TC6 until I tested it to death, so, as a result of that, I whipped around the shop where I work and corralled a bunch of my fellow staffmembers into group-buying some lights from China directly.

We're mostly getting Shadow lights, but I'm also getting a Roche F8 to test out as well, as it looks quite nice!

In total, we're buying nine lights in one go :D
I'm replacing my strongly-missed TC6 with a Shadow TC500 :D

Thanks, £7.50 for 2 isn't too bad, but the low capacity might be an issue. I have a 2600mah AW cell that I use in my TK12 and it doesn't last all that long, so 2250 might be a bit low.

I'll have to have a look on cpf or somewhere and see what capacity people are using in the TN31 and runtimes they're getting.

Yes good price, the guy who runs that site is active on the torch forums and prides himself on providing top all round service.
I have some AW batteries too and these Panasonics last almost twice as long, also I get higher V's throughout that duration.
The vaping world has taken them to heart aswell for their excellent ability to deliver high power.
Also one more push, check out this info on candlelight forums. Don't worry about the callies kustom branding, they are the same Panasonics.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-Kustoms-18650-High-Discharge-Battery-Review

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a ~£30 torch around the size of a Shadow VG-10 please?

Edited: Just seen Kahn's review on youtube and quite fancy a VG-10. Any ideas the best place to source?

Last edited:
Right,
I have a Fenix PD30 (original 225 lumens version)
I also have a TK35 (Again original version 820 lumens)
The PD30 was my main one until I got my TK35 and now its kinda demoted to my in car light.
( Unrelated note:
The build quality on that light is second to none.
I jacked my 306 down on it once and it was completely engulfed by one onf the tires.
All there was was a teeny scratch, it was there about 2 hours ish)
Any way the TK35 is great but a bit big for pockets.
So what i really need is a middle of the road light that my not necessarilly be a hand cannon like the tk35 but can be a little more power full than the pd30 and the same size or only slightly bigger.
Ideas?

Preferably cr123a or 18650's (most preferable)

Back
Top Bottom