Spec me an LED Torch

Yeah my L2 is 320 lumens but the TN31 doesn't look several times as bright as both are too bright/sensitive for the eye to discern anyway at close range!

Here are those shots:

180 odd metres:
beamshots_5D3_1603.jpg

741 metres, in that light the tower was illuminated by the centre spot:
beamshots_5D3_1602.jpg

Beyond 741 metres, the block of flats was illuminated, 4s exposure, I tried keeping the beam steady:
beamshots_5D3_1604.jpg

And a random shot I liked from the walk along the beach :D
beamshots_5D3_1605-Edit.jpg

Fishermen camped out along the beach popped out wondering wtf the searchlight was :p

If you guys want to chase lumens then consider some of the latest HID flashlights out there - the Polaris Helios for example.

I sold mine as I just can't imagine a situation where I'd realistically need that much light.

I think the TN31 is considerably more than enough! Yeah the centre spot is intense and borderline OTT! But the flood is also very good really, it's clean and uniform so perfect for seeing stuff around too.

Flashaholics with code cpf for a small saving!

You also get a free keyring led torch which I find handy at work when navigating behind server racks :-)

Anyone know of a compact and light weight 18650 charger that can be powered via USB? Searching so far I've only found chargers with USB outputs for charging USB devices.

The max current of the USB port in question is 1A so a charge rate of >500mA would be good if the charger is capable.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a compact and light weight 18650 charger that can be powered via USB? Searching so far I've only found chargers with USB outputs for charging USB devices.

The max current of the USB port in question is 1A so a charge rate of >500mA would be good if the charger is capable.

I got a 'XTAR WP2 II USB Charger' from the bay, not sure if that'd do the job?

See my post a couple of pages back just ordered a xtar mp1s to leave in work for emergency charging, USB charging but only single cell reviews look good, and if you use my link earlier its under a tenner from a UK seller.

Back
Top Bottom