Spec me an LED Torch

Looks liek it does step down after 4 minutes:

Turbo 901 (stepping down to 598lm after 3minutes)

In that review. Will stick to TN31 :o In his photos the centre spot also looks quite yellow, much more yellow than what I'd like. I had that with the BC40 and the TN31 is more white.

How about this on KnightStalker?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrafire-W...-handlebars/dp/B004UACITW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_lp_5, but it has a charger and the bike kit already.

Anyone know if it is any good? It uses the same LED that the EA4 uses.

The torch alone is available at amazon for <£8

I purchased it last year for ~£20 for my cousin for a gift. I bundled it with nitecore batteries and charger.

I purchased a T6 version a couple of years ago for considerably more £. I also have the 502 which has a smaller head.

Build quality is OK but not as good as my Fenix torches. For an occasional use they're fine. I doubt they would last as long as my Fenixs (Fenii?) in an everyday work enviroment though.

I have considered it as a work torch replacement because at £8 it's so cheap and any replacement might have the next generation of LED.
My Fenix is still working though despite numerous drops and the occasional dunking in 14% sodium hypochlorite solution.

Hi,

This week, I am going to be buying a hybrid bike for commuting, riding around the city in the day and night and a bit of trail riding. Which LED torch would you recommend? Which mount would you advise as well? Is there such a thing as a red LED torch for rear illumination or will any red LED biking light work? I'd like to be biking by the end of the week so I won't be ordering from any dealers in China.

Many thanks,
Jon

Id get one at the torchdirect price is it was 1800 lumen for 8 hours

Im tempted to get an EA8, even thought I know its will be loads less practical than my EA4.

(larger, more batteries and no-where near enough flood)

...However the throw distance is immense. With almost 500 metres I could light up a tramps home from my bedroom window like a helicopter search light!

Last edited:
Wow, two side by side? Must feel like a spotlight, no? :) They're not that cheap though. :)

Compared to the £280 I paid years ago for my ay-up bike lights they are a steal at £27.50 on ebay delivered from the UK (I've bought from multicorepc before, great vendor).

The 1800 lumens is a typo - probably 180 at medium.

I've had these submerged in a bathtub for hours (don't ask :) they are rated for 2M underwater. Good enough for some light night snorkeling (but no diving).

Just picked up a new camping/tent light from alpkit. Called the trinity, feels pretty solid and gives out a decent light. Cheap aswell so should be a good addition to my camping gear

Just picked up a new camping/tent light from alpkit. Called the trinity, feels pretty solid and gives out a decent light. Cheap aswell so should be a good addition to my camping gear

This i take it - http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=17006&category_id=288

190 lumens (if it is really that) is quite good for 3.5 hours. 180 hours on low but it doesnt say what low is

My Nitecore ea4 can do 22 hours at 65 lumens (a 10 lumen setting would have been much more useful to me) torch runs on 4 aa's too.

Give it a test if you could and let us know if it does last the 3.5 hours at max or if it dims/does anything else

Either way, for £18 it seems a pretty good buy

Thought some of you might like this...

Yesterday while in work I set my torch down and then promptly forgot about it.

The torch in question...

vm1f.jpg

As you can see this thing has taken some abuse over its working life. The usual dropped on hard ground or sometimes
soft landing ie. into water, it has always continued to work. So even when I decided to partially deep clean it by
leaving it inside a machine while it was being sterilized with boiling hot caustic...

jhxc.jpg

arvc.jpg

...it's still working strong :)

This i take it - http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=17006&category_id=288

190 lumens (if it is really that) is quite good for 3.5 hours. 180 hours on low but it doesnt say what low is

My Nitecore ea4 can do 22 hours at 65 lumens (a 10 lumen setting would have been much more useful to me) torch runs on 4 aa's too.

Give it a test if you could and let us know if it does last the 3.5 hours at max or if it dims/does anything else

Either way, for £18 it seems a pretty good buy

Thats the torch yes. Not too sure if it really is 190 lumens but i not too far off my Led Lensor P7. If i get the chance i'll see if it'll last 3½hours.

I also bought one of these http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16345&category_id=288 for work (work a lot outside and night, occasionally with full climbing gear). My £3, rolson one doesn't quite cut it hah.

Back
Top Bottom