Spec me an LED Torch

The VG10 has three brightness settings + strobe but if I select any setting other than low, the beam goes brighter (not full brightness) then flashes (signalling low battery) and remains on low brightness level.

Just thought I'd post an update to the problem I had with the VG10. Tried new batteries and still the same issue.

I contacted International Outdoor Store and they told me it was the driver that was the issue. Great response and good service so far - hopefully get it back all repaired soon!

Proper man torch has arrived. None of this £7 1000 lumen lark

Fenix TK 75 L2 (2900 lumen)
4 x Fenix ARB-L2 18650
Nitecore i4 v2 charger

Not yet available in UK (that I can find) Shipped in from US and incurred a nice customs charge (which I still need to query as the item is less that £135, in US cost)

Shown next to a Nitecore EA4 for size comparison

Very bright, quite heavy, but nice size. The 'refresh rate' of the way the light moves is great. Its hard to understand but if you say the EA4 is 60hz, the 75TK is 120hz

Wf782yt.jpg.png

02tASUa.jpg.png

Cq6rxKP.jpg.png

KBri3Zm.jpg.png

0YggulN.jpg.png

jF5cGBg.jpg.png

laser1.jpg

Not strictly a torch but I just added that to my portable light emitting device stable :D

Not done much testing with it yet, but its an 18650 powered Green class IIIb laser. It's definitely quite bright and I suspect it will have a hell of a range!

Guest2 - I have the same charger, great but of kit! How do you think that tk75 compares to my Skyray king for real world usage?

Last edited:
Camera exposure goes crazy and adds a weird blue tint but you sort of get the idea how bright it it (first shot is a Nitecore EA4 - Not a slouch at 860 lumens)

Just above and right where it says Salem church are some trees, maybe 600m away - It lights them up

I stopped because I seemed to have attracted the attention of a helicopter!

p70KXXK.jpg.png

N7oMJWM.jpg.png

YY0ojyC.jpg.png

Guest2 - I have the same charger, great but of kit! How do you think that tk75 compares to my Skyray king for real world usage?

Never heard of it to be honest. It looks similar to a TM15 - I presume more floor and less throw

I wanted a proper low settings. I dont see 240L as low (or even the 95 on the TM15)

18L for 200 hours on the TK75 is great.

I wanted a midway throw / spill torch with a good low, good build quality and something not too massive in size

Fenix TK 75 L2........
Not yet available in UK (that I can find)
How about here :), although probably more expensive than you paid?

I have a couple of Fenix torches that use CR123 batteries but I notice that they can also use 18650 Li-ion batteries. Can anyone recommend some good batteries to me please? I take it the Intellicharge i4 charging unit is a good one?

Yep, the spill is massive on that King.

I bet it lights up everything when in open space at night :)

I acutally used it the other night to light up my whole garage when the bulb died late at night and I didnt have a replacement to hand!

Its been really usefull. I used mainly led converted Mags before i discovered the 18650 options. I still carry a 6 D cell in the car, as it has a really long battery life, and still throws a decent amount of light if needed.

Uses this conversion kit... http://www.thetorchsite.co.uk/TerraLUX_TLE-310M-Ex_MiniStar31M-Ex.html

Loads better than any other mag conversion i could find..

Last edited:
How about here :), although probably more expensive than you paid?

I have a couple of Fenix torches that use CR123 batteries but I notice that they can also use 18650 Li-ion batteries. Can anyone recommend some good batteries to me please? I take it the Intellicharge i4 charging unit is a good one?

Thats the standard TK75.

I got the TK75 L2 from this site - http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-TK75L2/ $200 but had to pay VAT customs charge (total £33) I am going to quiz this because it says on the customs package more than £135 will incur a charge and $200 is £125

In the end it came to the same price as a UK TK75 standard

Batteries - Fenix ARB-L2 or some 18650 3400 protected like Eagletac. They are ususally £12+ each. DONT get unprotected no-brand cheap ones because you dont want them to blow up and break your torch or you!

I acutally used it the other night to light up my whole garage when the bulb died late at night and I didnt have a replacement to hand!

I was testing mine last night in my room (fogging issue when left on which mine does not have) It made my room look like a sunbed shop! :cool: :o

That beam looks similar to my micro Sun, the TN31 :D

:D

I did look at getting the TN31 actually. It was out of stock at £160 plus I wanted some flood (similar beam distance to TK75 L2 - 700 meters against 690 on the TK75 L2)

Its actually on sale here for £100 which is a fantastic buy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrunite-flashlight-lumens-waterproof-IPX-8/dp/B00A2EIV78

Some good levels too with a proper 'moonlight'

■Level 1: 0.5 lm. 2000 hours
■Level 2: 21 lm. 140 hours
■Level 3: 146 lm. 22 hours
■Level 4: 366 lm. 9 hours
■Level 5: 620 lm. 5 hours
■Level 6: 1147 lm. 2 hours

Not sure how the 1 day delivery options works because it says

'Dispatched from China via expedite ways (DHL or Fedex) 3-7 business day to your door'

Back
Top Bottom