Spec me an LED Torch

So I have picked up a couple of cheap torches and handlebar mounts for my bike but the torches are using up a lot of battery power. Luckily I recently purchased a Nitecore Intellicharger i2 for my vaping batteries (18650) and the charger will also charge AA, so am looking for decent rechargeables for the torches. Any reason not to buy Sanyo Eneloops?

Great budget setup btw.

Torches - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Torch-300LM...UTF8&qid=1384721974&sr=1-7&keywords=led+torch

Holder - http://www.amazon.co.uk/niceeshop-C...21897&sr=1-24&keywords=handlebar+torch+holder

Less than £7 all in.

Ordered myself an LED Lenser T7. Is it bad that I'm excited by the prospect of receiving a torch?

This seems to be the the (my) problem...

Its exciting researching things like torches but when there arrive its... a torch!

You will soon be plagued with the 'disease' of looking into beam range (Candela) flood, batteries, size of torch, more lumens etc.

Going from 1xAA torch > 4 x 18650. My initial torch budget was £20, that ended up going to £210!

...Having said that I just looked at a Lenser T7 video and sort of want one :rolleyes:

For now, im sticking with my Nitecore EA4 (sold the TK75 2900 lumen beast)

Well, when it arrives it'll eventually be used for serious business as I go about my duties in and around a ships engine room, peering into bilges, checking tank tops and checking the funnel at night etc....And totally not for making Light Sabre noises when the beam's visible, honest....

Well, when it arrives it'll eventually be used for serious business as I go about my duties in and around a ships engine room, peering into bilges, checking tank tops and checking the funnel at night etc....And totally not for making Light Sabre noises when the beam's visible, honest....

:)

In your case yes, a torch is useful.

Got home from work at 8.30 to find my LED Lenser T7 waiting for me. Stuck the batteries in and went out to the garden to give it a whirl.

JESUS CHRIST! Compared to the crappy single AA Cybalite it replaces, the beam is ridiculously intense. Seriously, I fear I may punch a hole through a ginger kid or an albino or something, should I stray across one whilst using it. The one hand focus mechanism is pretty slick as well. Really impressed with it.

Torch I recently bought was a Mercury cree 10W. I didn't have a huge budget for a torch I just wanted something of reasonable quality and bright as hell. Its pretty decent for the money, Heavy duty ip65, adjustable beam with rear clicky switch but no modes. I'm not up on my torch specs, but 280 Lumens for £20 (from tlc) seemed pretty good to me. its bloody bright, the narrow beam goes miles...:D

Back
Top Bottom