Spec me an LED Torch

I'm tempted, so so tempted but I sold the TN31 because it doesn't get used as much and I wanted an all in one pocket friendly light hence the stainless steel one above :o

But damn, still tempted for the Quadray...

Could anyone recommend a torch please.
Don't actually own one which is surprising for how much I badly need one!

Would spend up to 40-50 quid.
Nice bright solid light, with a decent throw. And a good quality build to it.
A moonlight mode would be nice but isn't a must
You lot seem like experts!
Thanks.

Radec - I know very little about torches but from earlier advice in this thread I bought an Solarforce L2T host and one of the drop in modules and that came in around £40ish. Very good torch. I also need a battery & charger which whacked the price up so if you need those as well then expect the price to go up.

I received my Fenix E35 Ultimate Edition:

Initial impressions were that it wasn't that bright but actually having had a play with it against my Ultrafire XM-L based torches (WF-501B and tiny zoomable cheap jobbie) its actually really very good. Nice and floody, doesn't get anywhere near as hot and really well built. Perfect for night time walking. It's also really compact and light compared to the Ultrafires.

Radec - I would definitely have a think about this as a quality first torch. It's available for about £30 which gives you enough spare for a decent 18650 battery and charger.

Yeah was just having a look through the pages and I managed to pick out these two (Fen e35 & SF l2t)

I don't really know the differences between them, even when comparing.

Hi All,
Looking for a torch and stumbled across this thread, any recommendations?
I live in the middle of nowhere and walk my dog every day in the pitch black hence needing something decent.
Currently looking at the Fenix UC40 Ultimate Edition which seems to be the sort of thing I am looking for but wondering if there are any other recommendations.

Need:
- rechargable by micro/mini USB
- pretty bright
- quite compact
- got a good budget - up to £100

Its coming to the time of year where I need to use my torch a fair bit and saw this offer for a JETBeam DDR26 come up today (link below)

Total including shipping is £42.90. Quick Google search suggests that is a pretty good price, but does any one know if it is any good or if I could get something better for the price. Budget is around fifty quid.

http://www.ibood.com/uk/en/

Back
Top Bottom