Spec me an LED Torch

Any battery that comes out of the pack > 3.7v, put it on charge (supervised) and any that charge to >4.1 and don't get hot doing so, set aside. Any that are already <3.7v, get hot or don't get to 4.1v - bin them (well recycle them actually).

The ones that seem ok, store them in a normal room temp environment for 24 hrs and test the voltage again - any that show less that a 0.05v drop after 24hrs are good and keep them - if any sag by more than 0.05v bin them (e.g. 4.11v then 4.05v after 24hrs = bin).

Oh, and don't blow yourself yup when dismatling the pack!

Not really - there are tons of other torches I'd have at that price (£35ish) over an LED Lenser.

Thanks for this, will do it once my charger arrives.

im after a engled torch, something like a fenix mc11 but bigger that could give off atleast 200 lumens but cant find this torch anywhere

the trouble with those are they're just too small, i can see me losing it somewhere, this is why i want something bigger, though they are great little things..

its for work so i'd be using it a lot, cheers Aod, quick response

Military RA-torch?

most military RA torches are as small as possible so as not to get in the way :)
most of them don't do 250 lumens either, in my experience.

Any battery that comes out of the pack > 3.7v, put it on charge (supervised) and any that charge to >4.1 and don't get hot doing so, set aside. Any that are already <3.7v, get hot or don't get to 4.1v - bin them (well recycle them actually).

The ones that seem ok, store them in a normal room temp environment for 24 hrs and test the voltage again - any that show less that a 0.05v drop after 24hrs are good and keep them - if any sag by more than 0.05v bin them (e.g. 4.11v then 4.05v after 24hrs = bin).

Oh, and don't blow yourself yup when dismatling the pack!

that's a v interesting bit of info which i will add to my led torch info notepad (along of course with aod's excellent snippets of advice :) )

Can anyone recommend a very cheap multimeter? Seems like it would be a good idea to get one but I'd like to spend as little as possible as i wouldn't use it for anything else.

Can anyone recommend a very cheap multimeter? Seems like it would be a good idea to get one but I'd like to spend as little as possible as i wouldn't use it for anything else.

http://uk.farnell.com/fluke/fluke-2...rch=Featured New Products&MER=i-9b10-00002068

Joking!

Try something like http://uk.farnell.com/tenma/72-7720/multimeter-digital/dp/7430574

Don't go uber cheap on a DMM - i.e. less than £10 - they are about as much use as a chocolate firegaurd and you might as well not have one.

My battery stash

1a4e52cb.jpg

Damn you guys, I don't have any need for a torch but you just make me want one.

Just ordered that ShiningBeam S-mini and the charger that was recommended, just need some 18650 cells now. No idea which to go for.

Did you get the XM-L version and if so what is the run time on high?

Back
Top Bottom