Spec me an LED Torch

I've just bought that combo! Got the touch itself from the slightly cheaper one though. Will report back when it arrives... that's the only bad thing about ordering from China, it takes FOREVER!!! :p

WANT TO CLICK BUY!

For those that have it, how big is this torch? Would it work using my existing bike torch mount (designed roughly for a L2D but would easily hold something a little big bigger) or would it just fall straight off and/or look silly?

I like the idea of drivers being able to see me so they don't, y'know, run me over and stuff.

Last edited:
I'm having problems, got my AW 2600 18650 cell yesterday, checked the voltage 3.972, I assumed it would need a charge to put it in the XTAR, the light stayed green so I took it back out again. I got 2 of my reclaimed cells and put them in the charger, one went red but the left LED keeps switching between red & green, like it's green then it flashes red then back to green for 1-2 seconds. Same when I swapped the 2 cells round. Is my charger dead? Does my new AW cell not need charging?

Thanks

Edit- now charging 2 of the reclaimed cells ok. Should I try my new AW cell again after?

Last edited:
argh decisions decisions

maybe I'm better off with the fenix now instead!!! one that comes with more reliable charger + batteries

Any news on this? I'm thinking we probably have enough people interested for a group buy :P

No news yet, I have sent a chase email!

argh decisions decisions

maybe I'm better off with the fenix now instead!!! one that comes with more reliable charger + batteries

There's no need to overthink it. Just because it won't be exactly 1300 lumens doesn't mean it's not going to be bright. It will be brighter than a Fenix in most cases for like for like spec and be a whole lot cheaper.

Just buy a decent charger and battery. The Fenix isn't exactly going to be bundled with charger and battery so you're not going to be that much better off. Plenty have been recommended in the last page or 2.

The solution is simple, get the C8, it's well under £10 and should you not like it for whatever reason you can then buy the Fenix and at least you'll have a spare torch. I see no reason why you'd not like it though and it's throwaway money so if you lose then no biggie, just buy another.

Last edited:
There's no need to overthink it. Just because it won't be exactly 1300 lumens doesn't mean it's not going to be bright. It will be brighter than a Fenix in most cases for like for like spec and be a whole lot cheaper.

Just buy a decent charger and battery. The Fenix isn't exactly going to be bundled with charger and battery so you're not going to be that much better off. Plenty have been recommended in the last page or 2.

The solution is simple, get the C8, it's well under £10 and should you not like it for whatever reason you can then buy the Fenix and at least you'll have a spare torch. I see no reason why you'd not like it though and it's throwaway money so if you lose then no biggie, just buy another.

thanks so tell me those batteries they look like AA
are they that? or not?

point is if they are AA temporarily I could use rechargeable ones I got. Hard to judge from a picture you see and know nothing about batteries.

You could do that, or you could just buy it. Given how much it costs it's pretty remarkable for the light it outputs and the quality of the build :p

You could do that, or you could just buy it. Given how much it costs it's pretty remarkable for the light it outputs and the quality of the build :p

I take it you got the c8 yourself? :)

were you impressed by the quality and build? also how about the output?
:D:D:D

I take it you got the c8 yourself? :)

were you impressed by the quality and build? also how about the output?
:D:D:D

Something tells me you've not been reading the last 2 pages or so :p

Build quality is fine, it is not as nice feeling as the JetBeam BC40, not many torches will be, but it is water proof and has a nice weight. Output is just fine as well.

The output is like this out of the box:

c8_vs_xpg_compare.jpg

(bottom one is the C8, top one is the Solarforce L2)

The L2 above pic is using the XP-G R5 LED while the C8 is on an XR-E Q5 so the L2 has a newer LED, I now have it on an XM-L so it's even brighter but it's only brighter at shorter distances, the C8 can illuminate further because of its tighter centre beam and the surrounding beam is less pronounced.

They're both designed for different uses though hence why I have kept both :p One for short range, one for long. It really depends on what you want to use it for. The L2 costs more of course but build quality between it and the C8 seem to be no different, the L2 has a more gloss finish to the body.

Last edited:
That's a good point and yeah, the C8 dazzles less from a side angle than the L2 but the L2 also has an optional screw on tactical head that stops some of the side glare but also makes the outer beam diameter smaller.

I don't think either would be a worry for dazzling drivers though, you don't normally aim the torch head on forwards when riding!

Back
Top Bottom