Spec me an LED Torch

Got a reply from the ebay seller about the torch with plastic lens:

Dear customer
I am sorry for wrong description
What do you think you return the lighter and we make full refund to you ?
Actually ,our flashlight have good quality too ,I sincerely hope if you can accept it
Looking forward hear from you

- ebatteryoutlet

Lol, I'm not returning it to HK, not worth the effort for a £6 torch. Might ask if they can send me a glass lens, but have a feeling they would just send another plastic lens they have robbed from another torch.

Not going to neg the guy but just avoid that ebay store for cheap torches.

^ that's less of an honourable response you normally get from China/HK sellers heh!

batt_fjd_2600.jpg

Excuse the poor phone quality pic (:p)

My FJD 2600mAh batts arrived today from this seller - He rates them highly and I have bought from him before as well. They came with 3.88v and 3.90v and are sitting in the charger now, will check what they charge to =]

These things came individually wrapped and also came in an UltraFire battery case, I assume the seller put them in there for shipping purposes only but when opening the package I was like "ummmmm..." :p

Just do it mrk and save us all from your indecisiveness :p.

A[L]C;20698818 said:
Quick question... what are 18650 high drain batteries for? What does the high drain bit mean? Im mainly looking at them for my ecig.

For items that pull say 3A rather than say 1.5. What are the power requirements for your ecig?

Both FJD batteries charged to 4.17v and I accidentally left the BC40 on last night for a few hours on low and they both depleted to 3.97v.

So far so good, for £11, can't complain :p They're about 1mm taller than a normal protected 18650 battery though so the fit is a tiny bit tighter when screwing the tail on.

I've decided not to get the BC25 just yet, will see how the clip on the L2 stands because that torch is still very good and the throw is actually more than 139metress which is the range JetBeam quote for the BC25.

That's to be expected though due to the XP-G emitter on my L2.

I still want another JetBeam though ;( They feel so good in the hand and reading around, it appears they are very consistent with their LED quality (colour, output etc).

It's not the battery that determines how much current it 'dumps' :confused:. It's the resistance of the switch and torch internals.

V=IR, basic stuff :D.
And how am I wrong?
High power is just marketing speak, even 18650's with a higher internal resistance than average will supply 3A, there is no such thing as a 18650 that only supplies 1.5A

They will supply 3A if the circuit calls for it. Many flashlights and other appliances only draw ~1.5A. If the voltage is 4.15 and the resistance is 2.8 ohms, then the current draw is 1.5A.

I have an email from an eBay seller following a question I asked about high draw cells:

"Hi,

You won't notice any difference unless you have something that needs a high cureent. They are useful for the 3x XM-L T6 torches which do not have a regulated current. Some of these draw over 3A, and with standard protected batteries, continually trip the protective pcbs."

Quick question :- I'm currently using a wf-502b in work with rcr-123 and a few colleagues are after similar torches, they all looked blankly at me when I said about checking all my voltages when charging but they would really like a similar torch, question is is there a decent all in one purchase similar to the wf-502b which includes protected batteries(18650/rcr123?), charger and torch?

@Rob
Trip level is a different concept from safe discharge rate, it's irrelevant at 1.5A and irrelevant at 3A, even poor cells only trip at 4A.
It's misleading to talk about current if what you meant was protection.

Back
Top Bottom